Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet External harddrive

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

RAZAX11Home userMember since 2006
will an external harddrive help my performance? after i play for about 3 hours and i'm looking for songs in my folders it will sometimes freeze then i have too restart the program. i have an hp 9010 series laptop amd turion process 1.8 ghz * 2 gig of ram 120 gig harddrive and i use a maya 44 usb soundcard other than that everything works good. i have 50% free space left on my hard drive.

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 4:22 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Actually, external HDD's have been known to slow laptop's down. Check your system performance. Make sure you have the VDJ performance set to suit the laptop's capabilities.

Make sure the laptop is cool enough and is not overheating. Try one of the coolpad things you get for it. Have a look at Bagpuss's blog. You can see his laptop has bigger feet on the bottom of it to allow for greater airflow underneath the machine. Something like this might help...even propping it up between two...dunno...books or something might help.

What kind of graphics card are you using? What memory does it have? If it uses shared memory, this will defenitely not help. You are better with a card with dedicated memory for graphics.

It has been known for the program to slow down/stop responding after long sessions, but I don't think this is common after 3 hours. I would defenitely suggest lowering your performance tab.

The beauty with this program is that you can actually alter the program settings to suit your system, which means you can lower the performance and (hopefully) gain some more stability out of it.

Play around with the settings to see what suits you. If you don't use videos, turn of hardware acceleration, etc.

What O/S are you running? Try turning off any system tools that run in the background of Windows. If you are using this machine only as a dj machine, take out as much of the default software as you can (on my dj machine, i have nothing but XP Pro, VDJ and music).

Lose virus software, spyware software, firewalls, the lot. All these programs take up precious resources that could be being utilised somewhere far more useful...VDJ!!!

Obviously, if this is your home machine that you use for both gigging and personal use, losing your virus software and stuff is a bad idea, so if that is the case, perhaps you may want to re-think that comment).

Finally, try checking out this thread and others from around the boards for further ideas as to what might be causing problems.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 4:38 pm
RAZAX11Home userMember since 2006
i'm a registered user for numarks cue. why does it say that i'm not registered i signed up about 2 months ago

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 5:29 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
RAZAX11 wrote :
i'm a registered user for numarks cue. why does it say that i'm not registered i signed up about 2 months ago

contact support

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 6:06 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)