Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet serato scratch vs vdj with time codes vs trakor vs others

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ok i mix in the clubs and home using pioneer equipment but see allot of djs usin rain serato numark virtual vinyl and staton final scratch. well i guess vdj can work the same way but is at as good as the others. i just finally filled my second 400 cd book and searchin for a track is kinda a pain in the ass now since i have a hook up on rain's serato for 400 should i go for that or use vdj. any help would be appreciated

Posté Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 7:28 am
DjTobCUE userMember since 2006
hi,

numark virtual vinyl is the same programm like vdj.

My opinion is, that VDJ has the best Database. And it work very good with a good soundkarte, i.e. Edirol fa-66. But with such a Soundkarte you have the same price like Serato or Final Scratch.

You should use the programm, that is in YOUR opinion the best one.

MfG,
Tobi

Ps: I'm german ^^

Posté Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 8:58 am
dont have TC'S.. yet. just got mk2 (fun!). so i cant realy comment on using TC'S but i can say i am fully converted to VDJ as my new religion of choice... but, base your final choice on what you are actually going to be doing with the software. VDJ is just plain cost effective and does MORE than what any other software i have seen does.

Posté Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 10:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
tractor no longer supports final stratch so they have no timecode solution ;)

Posté Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 10:33 pm
trakor 3.2 still does support final scratch and traktor scratch (available in may) is the only program that comes with a sound card that supports 4 decks and the time code that comes with it is the tightest by far!!! traktor scratch time code is gonna be the best but they need to get there support up to date!!! serato is the most stable but has the least features. 1.8 is gonna inclued video and 4 decks as well!!! Virtual dj is the best software but they need to get better time code or get final scratches time code since final scratch is now open source!!!

Posté Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 11:04 pm
skyfxl wrote :
tractor no longer supports final stratch so they have no timecode solution ;)

traktor 3 / traktor scratch supports tcv

Posté Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 11:07 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
and i would imagine they will contine to do so for a long long time

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 1:50 am
look on their website they canceled final stratch support.

in recent updates and may stop totaly in the long term.

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 12:07 pm
oliwynnPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Has anyone used ableton live for djing? Ive used it a few times and i still prefer vdj. It seems you have to spend ages analysing files and it takes a lot of work to get anything good out of it. I prefer virtual dj but i still think it can learn off ableton. The sampler in vdj could be improved to allow more control. It could include eqs, effects, and the ability to nudge the sample to put it in sync better. The ability to drag and drop samples from a browser would also be an excellent feature to add to vdj. improving the sampler would allow much easier live remixing possibilites.

Does anybody else use ableton?

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 7:17 pm
skyfxl wrote :
look on their website they canceled final stratch support.

in recent updates and may stop totaly in the long term.

They cancelled Final Scratch, and made their own solution ;)
And Final Scratch (Stanton) went open-source..

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 7:22 pm
curious and curiouser

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 7:40 pm
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

"The sampler in vdj could be improved to allow more control. It could include eqs, effects, and the ability to nudge the sample to put it in sync better. The ability to drag and drop samples from a browser would also be an excellent feature to add to vdj. improving the sampler would allow much easier live remixing possibilites. "

Yeah I think thats a really important point, VDJ's a quality product and it deserves as much credit as the other products out there. I think its essential that All DJ software provide features for enhancing Live remixing possibilities. I wouldnt mind havinf 6-8 sample slots, but with the ability to use EQ and FX on them, and also the inclusion of a 3rd digital deck is a must! Such features would take VDJ to a whole new level and way better than the rest!!

Are there any thoughts of having similar features added in future versions?? I would actually consider paying for an upgrade with such options. I mean there's only so much we can get for free and besides I think VDJ deserve it.

Lets face it, if we'r using technology to help us with our mixing we might as well take it to a another level and thats what Ableton Live does, the possibilities are really endless, but it just doesnt feel as good as using something like VDJ as yet. I know most of the above can be achieved with using VDJ with an external mixer, but I think the control would be much better having it all together.

I love VDJ, and it has so much more potential and would love to see it getting the credit it deserves

keep up the good work!!

Posté Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 2:08 am
yeah!!! hat trhey said LOL

Posté Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 10:47 am
oliwynn wrote :
Has anyone used ableton live for djing?

../..

Does anybody else use ableton?

I performed some dj mixes with Ableton Live 5 and 6. I stopped to use it because as you mention you must do a lot of computer related work in order to prepare a clean dj mix (track analysis, cue point setting, BPM tuning, sequence organization...).
I think it's possible to do dj set with Live, but I do not recommend it if you don't perfom a real live set beside.
Dj software like vdj or traktor are much more accurate for Djing pupose.

Ableton is an outstanding sequencer for live performance with endless capabilities and huge set of effects. But it isn't optimized for Djing.
I prefer to spend time to prepare the artistic aspect of my mix, in place to spend time to technical computer manipulations.

Posté Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 11:26 am
required hardware for virtual dj: none
required hardware for searto: $800 sound card

benefit: you can use virtual dj anytime anywhere, so long as you have your laptop.

benefit: find music much faster with serato.

serato was designed for use with time codes

benefit: no pain in the rear end with serato tccd & tcv

virtual dj supports lots of features better than the rest
beat match - much much better than the rest
position control - see trebbel and base peak,(requires a sophisticated skin)
rhythm control - zoom in/out view channel 1, 2, 1 over 2, 2over 1,(requires a sophisticated skin)
multiple instance - play multiple audio files on multiple decks
allows to build your own skin - make it look the way you want to
lots of skins to choose from (including the one that looks like serato)
samplers - record, download, what ever - looping stuff made easy
windows like browser - much more user friendly and easier to use
side list - besides the playlist, have a wait list
faster music analyz - less time to get your ..ish together
integrated napster download - download music on the spot
supports "video" output - you can actually scratch music videos. fade, and all that,
video effects - display cool video effects with out any effort.
supports more hardware than the rest - just about any sound card you can think of
supports midi controllers - mappers for the popular ones, or have the software "learn" new commands
more flexible than the rest - customize virtualdj anyway you want to

databse
- search is more like "filter"
- id3 tags are read but not displayed
- lacks range filtering
- search in "drive/path/file name" & virtualdj added comment only

crashes some times
requires enough ram to load the song into.
at times uses 100% of cpu
time codes are a pain to work with

hope this helped

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posté Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 11:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)