Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet fetch pitch, volume, EQ etc. position

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

MumpelHome userMember since 2007
Hi,

I hope my post will be understandable as I'm not a native englisch speaker ...
anyway ...

When VDJ adjusted the pitch of the second track to be mixed into the currently playing,
it will move the pitch control to the appropriate setting. Now the external console and the software pitch controls are not in sync. When the external pitch control is touched, VDJ will
take the absolute setting from there, ruining the mix.

My recommendation is to compare in this situation the setting transmitted from the external console to the current internal setting. If they differ, the external signal should be ignored. That way, one can adjust the external pitch until it "locks" with the current setting of the pitch control in VDJ. May be you could add a visual feedback to let the DJ know when this happens. Same applies to the gain and EQ settings.

I have seen this feature in the e-mix software wich comes with the e-mix console, wich is nice, but the rest of the software sucks.

I hope you get my point and tell if you will find this useful as well.

Cheers

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 5:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
which console are you using?

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 6:17 pm
the best thing about vdj is th "auto mix"

in your case. you can press the beat match which will give you the matching pitch.

now, you either let vdj match the pitch, fade, then bring the pitch back to 0.

OR

you can move the pitch slider to the corresponding pitch number, fade, and return the pitch to 0 your self.

i prefer letting the pc do it's thing while i do my thing.

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posté Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 8:23 pm
I'm using the Behringer BCD2000, but it applies to any hardware console as far as I know ...

Sure I can let VDJ do the thing, but sometimes I would like to adjust the pitch or EQ settings during the play of a song and this is "not" possible with this current behaviour of the controls.

Whats most annoying about it is not just the pitch but the gain. If VDJ adjusted the gain to whatever level differing from the consoles setting. It will jump to the consoles level as soon as I touch the poti. This "always" makes a difference of several db.

Posté Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 10:11 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Question: why do you use a controller than if you make additional adjustments
with keyboard/mouse or let software do them (hope I understood correctly) ?

I fully agree that syncing should be more flexible (or smarter) not making sudden
undesired changes when the actual value in software differs from the one on the
console. But why don't you disable the auto-gain, auto-bpm, pitch reset and use
only the BCD2000 to manipulate these settings? I'm guessing they aren't precise?

Regards.

Posté Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 11:26 am
The controls on the BCD are precise ...
the thing is, I've seen this feature working in the e-mix software and I really find this very usefull. If this would work in a later version of VDJ you simply just have to touch the software only for selecting trax and do all other things on the console. It would just smooth up the workflow by far.

Posté Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 5:38 pm
you can do that. you can ave vdj do nothing but load tracks by disabeling all of the 'auto' features.

set all of the options to do nothing, example. no gain, no pitch change. no nothing.

and from there on, it's all you.

additionally, if you buy the product, then you will have a list of skins to choose from. and they are awesome. causing people to think you are using serato scratch live or pcdj when infact you are using vdj with different skins. haha :)

and... you will have access to all of th various midi mappers, which will let you set up vdj to react to your console in what ever special way you want it to.

personal question... how do you like your console over all?

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posté Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 8:00 pm
Shure I could disable all the auto features, but that is not my point.
I like how VDJ adjusts the things automatically. Even if sometimes it's not precise, it does a good job in "guessing" things. It would just be nice if one could interact with the adjusted settings in a kind if interactive way. Let the software adjust it - let the DJ manipulate it from there.

Answering your question regarding the BCD2000 ...
I really do like it. It is cheap (bought it for 170 Euros, new) and it is reasonable worked up. I can control almost every feature I use in VDJ. Only drawback are the ASIO drivers from Behringer.
They don't really work well with VDJ but I found a way around that, so everything is fine.

Posté Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 1:20 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posté Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 1:59 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)