Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Play Virtual DJ on your drums!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 2:45 pm

Pretty amazing Xeo!!
Could be used damn creative.. wow...

Think I might get a small drum pad now... ;)

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:14 pm
playing drums with one hand is possible (def leopard?) but not easy lol
anyway atleast you get the idea of what it WILL be able to do

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:40 pm
pretty neat. is that rig a yamaha ?? you should use regular sticks, yer getting dents in the cymbal triggers . i used to have a roland setup about 10 years ago.......i always liked it but sound guys could never seem to get it right in the mix esp the cymbals so i gave up on it after a while.

Chuck the visual ex touring drummer

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 4:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sweet with midi control the possiblities are endless :)

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:18 pm
thanks for the comments guys, ill try some more creative stuff if i get round to it.

(btw there are no damage dents, they have some patterned dips on them and a few marks but these clean off prety quick. using the ahead sticks (smooth nylon tip) is better than using wood sticks that are fiberous)

anyway, back later

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:59 pm
i was actually the first guy to bang on a log.....i've used every shtick there ever was......i always thought the various metal and plastic sticks had a weird feel cuz the balance was so unlike the wood sticks or the nylon tipped wood sticks.......

with the electronic kits you don't do rimshots in the same way or for the same reasons as w/ an acoustic kit, so many of the young whippersnappers just get the all plastic sticks which i understand.....

i just use the same sticks all the time ..... i really like vic firths and zildjians (sticks as well as cymbals)

if you wanna learn a bit from some guys who can really play........billy cobham, dennis chambers, terry bozzio, dave weckl, mike portnoy

from an earlier generation.......buddy rich, louis bellson, les de merle, joe morello

when i was a teenager i had a teacher who took lessons from morello...... in case you don't know he's the guy on "Take Five "............. if you don't know what a take five is....google it.....

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:25 pm
smokin weed everyday ehh ??.........dandelions taste TERRIBLE.........

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 7:18 pm
used Vic Firth 5As before the Yamaha, nylon tipped too, only reason i got the plascic coated metal ahead sticks was because i got the Yamaha and figured theyd be kinder to the surfaces, (and they look cool) ;)

just did a better vid but its gone over the magic 10 mins for youtube! anyone know a qick way i can edit a bit out? 40mb mp4 file and all i got is pspvideo9 and windows movie maker...............

back a bit later

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 7:24 pm
hey Xeo way cool thread man..... if you get a chance wikipedia "Take Five" and follow the you tube link

Posté Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 7:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)