Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Question!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hey, i was wondering how do djs make it say there name in the middle of the song. example-"MixMasta In The Mix" something like that. is there a program or something. thanks in advance for your help.

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 3:16 am
To do that you could use the Sampler within Virtual DJ. (Assuminng you've got the latest demo version) you can click on the samples button within virtual dj. There's a bit of information in the user guide page 28. http://www.virtualdj.com/support/manual/

But first of all you'll have to make a clip of somebody saying "mixmasta in the mix" or whatever you want. If you're not sure how to do this, just ask.

:)

To be honest through, i don't think there are many DJs who do that while playing out in a club or a party. it tends to be just on the radio so that you know who's playing the music or to fill in some time while there's a quiet part of the music.

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 10:37 am
Ah, I remember it as if it were yesterday. I used to use a microphone and talk to the audience. ;-)

Happy days.

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 12:27 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The shyness takes its toll :/

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 12:30 pm
My first paid gig in 1973 I didn't talk at all, which was unusual then. I was too shy, but gradually got over it.

Seriously, I think we can lose out sometimes if we don't communicate a bit with the audience. Mixing is great, but the personality of a dj can also build a night and help create a good atmosphere.

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 12:33 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lol , i just talk to the audience , i stop to worry about it later :)

Posté Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 12:52 pm
That's the way to do it. No need to worry too much about what we say within reason. And the crowds love a bit of communication, just avoid talking too long over intros/tracks and crap equipment that makes it sound like there is a dog barking. I've heard some awful djs with cheap mics and PAs talking away, but nobody could understand a word.

A

Posté Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 10:11 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)