Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet sorry guys but..................... - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
my dears you simply need to change these keys

you need these keys for the software to search for it

if you dont tell it to look it up it cant :)

Posté Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 10:15 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Change the keys to what? Don't be vague - or pretend to know the answer. The keys are in binary data - the only thing I taught of is the change the 0's or 1's at the end in parenthesis. I tried that for the readtag - but it didn't make a difference.
But like Mantahoe said even if vdj reads a few files with idtag correctly vdj will replace the bpm values found in the tag with its own bpm value - so this defeats the purpose.

So full idtag support need + the ability to turn off vdj bmp engine in the options menu. Or display on the skins the bpm values stored in the tag + vdj internal calculated bpm - for comparision purposes -in case for example you id3 tag is incorrect, you can compare to the value vdj found - like Adion's sw does.

Posté Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 10:59 pm

Posté Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 11:08 pm
hey where can i get that tag and rename program?

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 1:57 am
I used to say the same thing about the search in VDJ but I have gotten used to it. If it was to use tags, I don't think you guys realize how slow it would be if you have a large music collection. Has anyone here used PCDJ? It is horrible beause it relies solely on tags. It's like it comes to a standstill when you do a search even with a dual proc fast ass computer. Granted their coding probably sucks. Once you analyze everything in VDJ it is probably the fastest search engine around. It changes instantaneously as you type in your search. I don't think any other searches do that. It also does make use of tag support partially. What we need is maybe a happy medium where it takes tag information into account during analyzing but then uses the XML database it has created for any future searching which is awesome for speed.

Sklyfx: do those options you pointed out affect the analyzing or the actual search engine? Does it affect the speed of the search if they are enabled?

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:44 am
Soundman69 wrote :
I used to say the same thing about the search in VDJ but I have gotten used to it. If it was to use tags, I don't think you guys realize how slow it would be if you have a large music collection. Has anyone here used PCDJ? It is horrible beause it relies solely on tags. It's like it comes to a standstill when you do a search even with a dual proc fast ass computer. Granted their coding probably sucks. Once you analyze everything in VDJ it is probably the fastest search engine around. It changes instantaneously as you type in your search. I don't think any other searches do that. It also does make use of tag support partially. What we need is maybe a happy medium where it tags tag information into account during analyzing but then uses the XML database it has created which is awesome for speed.

SSL uses Id3tags & it's not slow at all.

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:46 am
I can't comment on SSL's speed on a large database. But, it does still have to build overviews (analyzing) of every song just like VDJ does. So, if it does that, and has any speed to it's search I'd imagine it doesn't necessarily use tags during the search aspect but something it has created during it's overview build. I don't have a rane interface so I couldn't really play with SSL. From what I saw though it can only get BPM from the tags and doesn't analyze the song for BPM itself. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not that familiar with SSL.

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 8:06 am
You can find tag n rename here
www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 5:51 pm
Soundman69 wrote :
I used to say the same thing about the search in VDJ but I have gotten used to it. If it was to use tags, I don't think you guys realize how slow it would be if you have a large music collection. Has anyone here used PCDJ? It is horrible beause it relies solely on tags. It's like it comes to a standstill when you do a search even with a dual proc fast ass computer. Granted their coding probably sucks. Once you analyze everything in VDJ it is probably the fastest search engine around. It changes instantaneously as you type in your search. I don't think any other searches do that. It also does make use of tag support partially. What we need is maybe a happy medium where it takes tag information into account during analyzing but then uses the XML database it has created for any future searching which is awesome for speed.

Sklyfx: do those options you pointed out affect the analyzing or the actual search engine? Does it affect the speed of the search if they are enabled?

will be just as fast searching with these options enabled

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:11 pm
Sorry for bringing up an old post but, I think it's better than opening a new one and sounding repetitive.

So does anyone know if we're getting full id3tag support on the next update? dj-in-norway, where @ thou? C'mon, post some rumors please. :)

Posté Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 3:06 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Mantahoe wrote :
Sorry for bringing up an old post but, I think it's better than opening a new one and sounding repetitive.

So does anyone know if we're getting full id3tag support on the next update? dj-in-norway, where @ thou? C'mon, post some rumors please. :)

Always the same and famous answer: "Wait and see"

Posté Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 4:22 pm
Oh thats true. wait and see!

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 1:29 am
whatever.

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 1:47 am

Calm down guys ;)

I already told that browser top priority right now, and its due for fix.

So next release will bring great news ;)

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 2:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)