Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Thank God for VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Having had VDJ for sometime now but never really using it because of PCDJ FX (don't get me started on that program) and having got my DAC 3 working as it should with the mapper (didn't read the read me notepad doc) VDJ has saved my bacon over this bank holiday weekend. I went to work Thursday night and tried to open up FX but no joy even though i'd done nothing to the program it locked up my laptop just by trying to start up the program. Well after fannying around with FX for the best part of 20 mins on that night VDJ has been a life saver because i was i a way forced to use VDJ, ok DAC 3 didn't work well with the pitch bend buttons (does now coz i've put the dll files in the right folder) on that night. I've found VDJ a joy to work with all the effects, the sampler and way this forum helps people with problems, unlike other forums. I can't even reinstall the rudy program coz it just makes a mess of my laptop with the lock ups.
Don't get me wrong when i say but there are down sides to VDJ or it maybe because of all my years of use with FX, one i don't like the recordcase in VDJ because i can't find a way of arranging the folder wheres in FX you can, maybe i'm fussy, it's just i could group the more popular folders of music at the top of the recordcase in FX so that they are easy to hand, the other problem i have is the tags which most are correct but you get the odd 1 or 2,3,4,5,6,7, etc, etc, in each folder which throw up some strange things which when you look at tag in tag & rename it's correct.
If anybody can help in this matter i will thank you now as i do not want to go back to using FX after using VDJ this weekend

Njoy

DJ Craig E

Posté Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 12:59 pm
the forums here are more helpful than the norm......

it seems to be a common complaint at least from those of us that have used traktor and pcdj that the recordcase needs a lot of work

they say improvements are coming in the next upgrade, i hope that they are very extensive

Posté Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 4:47 pm
djcraig wrote :

Don't get me wrong when i say but there are down sides to VDJ or it maybe because of all my years of use with FX, one i don't like the recordcase in VDJ because i can't find a way of arranging the folder wheres in FX you can, maybe i'm fussy, it's just i could group the more popular folders of music at the top of the recordcase in FX so that they are easy to hand, the other problem i have is the tags which most are correct but you get the odd 1 or 2,3,4,5,6,7, etc, etc, in each folder which throw up some strange things which when you look at tag in tag & rename it's correct.

In VirtualDJ you can make Virtual Folder, and drop files to one or more "recordboxed"/cases.

Tag support (full id tags) is not there yet.

Anyways, VDJ will have a new browser real soon, its on the top priority for update, so will be brand new great browser real soon with all those feautures and more ;)

Posté Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 6:02 pm
Question.?

what ever is updated in VDJ, will that also be updates in Cue?

Posté Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 6:20 pm

yes ;)

Posté Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 6:34 pm
I know that Cue is the same as VDJ... so why buy Cue if you have the full support of VDJ anyway. If only the virtual set up is different but you can download skins. Seems to me that a person should be loyal to VDJ because of the home support of company, forums, and parent program.

I'm studying these forums for a decision that I have to make at the end of the month when I buy my new computer and upgrade to pro.

Posté Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 7:56 pm
They both support the same thing .... THEY ARE EXACTLY the same except with a name change that's it. :-)
So your decideing whether it's going to say Numark or Virtual DJ? lol

The Only difference I have seen, Guitar Center Doesn't sell Virtual DJ, but they sell Cue. Virtual DJ isn't even on there website. Infact come to think of it, I have seen MORE business selling Cue but not VDJ ... why?

Was that the agreement? So you guys can get the product in more stores?

Posté Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 7:57 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
they sell hardcopies in more stores.

virtual dj does downloads mostly.

Posté Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 8:02 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)