Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Expecting my Vestax VCI-100 Tomorrow !!! - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Just had a call to say that they are expecting to ship my Vestax VCI-100 today, so with a bit of luck should arrive tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it, but still am getting excited. My wife won't be pleased if I have it before weekend, because I'll be mapping it to VDJ for a while.

Anyway, can't wait.

A

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 11:53 am
My wife won't be pleased if I have it before weekend, because I'll be mapping it to VDJ for a while.

Anyway, can't wait.

i know the feeling ..... i get it just from the kids though , not from ole what's 'er name .......( i have the kids thank you very much)

yep..... always interrupting , they want FOOD or a ride to fencing lessons ..........how am i suppose to afford Harvard when i have to waste all kinda money on food ?? sheesh

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 2:46 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Where are you getting them from?

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 3:18 pm
http://www.djstore.co.uk Just checked and they are packed and waiting for the van to pick them up. This company are great, because you can log in and see exactly what's happening to your order.

A

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 5:44 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Cool, maybe you'll be the first to review it :).

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 7:37 pm

We've teased it, previewed it and generally rubbed your nose in possibly the coolest controller out there - and now you can buy it. That is, if you live in the UK anyway.
(scrathworx)

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 7:53 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ATOMIX: PLEASE MAKE A NATIVE MAPPER FOR IT OR YOU'LL LOOSE THE TRAIN (as we say in Italian)!!!

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 8:50 pm
Yeah I read the skratchworx review. and his posts on other forums too. I'll certainly post my thoughts on here over the weekend, but not sure how far I'll get with mapping due to a busy schedule including a wife and son who want some of my time.

Maybe they's like to go away for the weekend.!!!!!

A

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 8:50 pm
see .... wife or kids making demands? time crunch ? new toy ?? here's where a l'il duct tape and a lot of ingenuity will save the day .......

seriously , i hope it's up to expectations........

speaking of which .... what are you most looking forward to trying with it ??

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 8:57 pm
it says next day delivery unless your not mainland ........hold 'em to it

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 9:12 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
it says next day delivery unless your not mainland ........hold 'em to it

They've never let me down yet with next day delivery.

Midi Mappings

start 1 Cup of Coffee

start 2 Beer

Stop button 1 - silence wife
stop button 2 - silence son

master volume turn down volume of mother in law

keeping it clean about the rest ;-P
Jogwheels could be more adventurous

hehehehehe

Posté Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 9:51 pm
It arrived this morning and I called home at lunchtime to see. First impressions, very heavy, absolutely top quality and beautifully made. Only one thing spoils it. The sticker that says "Traktor LE Ready".

Wish it said "Virtual DJ ready", then I could take it out to play this weekend.

A

Posté Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 4:18 pm
DJStore have sold out already, quoting 10 days for more stock.

A

Posté Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 4:44 pm
seems very unlikely to get gigged with this weekend ...... sounds cool, i was encouraged when you said it was heavy and quality .........keep us posted

Posté Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 5:07 pm
Kenny QPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I don't know why people are overly excited over midi controllers.
I can do just about everything (everything but scratching and turning knobs) with my xkeys controller.
And it cost less.

-Kenny Q

Posté Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 5:45 pm
Yes the build quality appears to be as all Vestax products, I hope it's a good weight, don't want too heavy if I'm going to be gigging with this.

@ Kenny Q, Hands on control is essential for any DJ, it's quicker and presents more possibilities. Working DJ's want something that's well built, portable, mappable and good looking. The new Vestax appears to be a very good option (althought not the cheapest), and I think this thing is going to be really popular amoungst Digital DJ's.

Posté Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 7:30 pm
Kenny QPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK, I've been doing this longer than most of the people in this forum and I am happy with my xkeys.

No need to discuss this further.

-Kenny Q

Posté Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 9:45 pm
That's what it's about, whatever your happy with it. Personally I'm quite satisified with my MK2 and that seems to surprise most people here ;).

Posté Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 9:55 pm
Kenny Q wrote :
OK, I've been doing this longer than most of the people in this forum and I am happy with my xkeys.

No need to discuss this further.

-Kenny Q

Been Djing 33 years now. Was one of the pioneers of mobile Djing and did video djing as far back as 1982.

If I want to get excited about a piece of kit I will. and if you're happy with your setup Kenny Q I'm happy for you. Great. ;-)

Ever since I dismantled my Garrard turntables and built them into a box with a simple mixer in 1973 I've loved the equipment side of DJing.

My main interest in the VCI-100 is to make a very nice compact mobile unit that will do for my smaller gigs. I use Pios and an Ecler NU04 for my bigger events, but like to have a compact answer too, for a pub/bar gig.

Anyway, I had a play with it last night and it is everything I hoped it would be.
The main problem as far as I can see is that people will buy this and just install the Traktor LE which will work pretty well and they won't graduate to the best software unless there is native support. I'm sure it will follow in time though, by the time Vestax have upped their production.

A

Posté Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 1:29 pm
@ Anyone who's used or owns a Vestax VCI-100, and hopefully someone who's experienced in scratching., would be real interested to here feedback on how well the Vestax unit scratches, and ideally see a video of it in action properly (as the scratchworx video wasn't very good).

Posté Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 4:52 pm
91%