Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Timecoded Vinyl

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Using Virtual Dj could i use any type of Timecoded Vinyl or only the ones provided through this website?
Please help ASAP
Thanks
Dj Sunkist

Posté Fri 18 May 07 @ 7:36 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately no.. most of them cant. while serato and final scratch to name a few, do have limitation and wont work well.. the best is to use VDJ TCV.. for full performances.. BTw most of the tcv out there the timecode signal is always 0 even there is a signal wave there..so NOT GOOD..hehe,, And now i still waiting for my VDJ TCV.. hmmm where r u//:(

Posté Fri 18 May 07 @ 10:01 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can use also Numark TCV vinyls.

Posté Fri 18 May 07 @ 12:10 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ-ALF wrote :
You can use also Numark TCV vinyls.

n those too:P

Posté Fri 18 May 07 @ 12:45 pm
Thanks for the Info im form NYC

Posté Fri 18 May 07 @ 7:36 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
But what is really different?
I am using so far Serato vinyls and it looks to me just fine.
What will really be different if I get VirtualDJ timecode vinyls?
Do I really need to get them? Since I have 6 pairs of Serato vinyl (all types colored) already, unless is really necessary to me makes no sense.

Posté Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 11:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you live in the usa you will get gen 3 if you order now which has better tracking and a browser track like sll
same as the numark ones

in europe we are waiting for an update to gen 3

sll vinyls cannot needle drop , and have pitch differences

basicaly limited support

those using the gen 3 timecodes who previously used sll ones say they prefer them greatly

as you can see by doing a search for Gen 3 timecodes

Posté Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 11:52 pm
When is VDJ going to support reverse needle drop, hmmm. I don't really see much of a use for it, but if Atomix are going for the complete solution, it would be nice to have.

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 1:10 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
reverse tracking is supported not sure about reverse needle dropping i have never tried

Posté Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 10:08 am
do the numark ctvs definatly 100% work with virtual??

i ask because i recieved my virtual tcvs this week
rearranged all my setup then went to set up the tcvs and discovered theyre nowhere even remotely close to being flat and as such are pretty much unuseable so im seriously dissapointed with this product to say the least

they appear to look more like a shallow dished bowl than a piece of vinyl

so if the newmarks are gonna work i,ll go get a pair of them and send these useless things back

please let me know
thanks

a very dissapointed dj

Posté Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 4:27 pm
skyfxl

If i order the TimeCoded Records from the web (VDJ.com) will I get the TimeCoded gen 3? I am in the usa

Posté Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 1:52 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, in the USA you will get Gen 3 TCV now :)

Posté Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 12:19 pm
I would like to know if VDJ (let's say v5) would work with an external USB Sound card (something like ESI U46 SE) and a pair of timecoded vinyl. Wich one of these u think would work better? M-Audio Torq, MixVibes, Serato Scratch Live, or Stanton Final Scratch? I also would like to add that I'm from Europe, so... I don't think we're getting here Gen3 TCV.

Posté Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 11:03 am
menappiHome userMember since 2006
BIg difference is PRICE. The TCV they sell on VDJ website are like 20 bucks a pop?! I ordered 3 from Numark for like 35 total (that includes shipping) which is a way better deal. And they came flat, un warped.

Posté Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 5:51 pm
I don't really care about the price. The difference is really small. All I wanna know is wich one works better? And wich one has the better quality.

Posté Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 6:15 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)