Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Any advice on Numark Virtual Vinyl? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

owniebPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm either gonna buy a maya 44 and use it with vdj, or go all the way to virtual vinyl. Any differences or suggestions?

Posté Tue 22 May 07 @ 11:00 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
virtual vinyl/cue is same as VDJ with timecode, other than you get a nice pair of vinyls, probably some bundled RCAs, and an interface with virtual vinyl logos (and maybe a virtual vinyl skin?)

the interface is quite good but you have to decide if it (and the rest of the package) is worth the extra

Posté Wed 23 May 07 @ 1:13 am
Well does the maya44 work just as good as the numark made soundcard?

Posté Wed 23 May 07 @ 1:40 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I think it does, Maya is very good card.

Posté Wed 23 May 07 @ 4:53 pm
I had a mya 44 card and it was good sounding no problems. also the cue and vdj is the same program.

Posté Thu 24 May 07 @ 3:52 pm
HiHatCUE userMember since 2007
I recently purchased the Virtual Vinyl package and am very happy with it. Found it for $500 CDN online when it was selling for over $800 in the stores.

It comes with the box, software, 2 TCVs and 2 TCCDs, 3 Rcas, USB, and the Power Supply for the box. The VV package itself is really easy to set up, one of my TTs was having a bit of a problem with the TCVs but it seems to be okay now.

Spent the last hour or so playing with it and had no issues, I'd been using the Numark Cue trial before hand though so that helped with being familiar with the program.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who was looking into a virtual vinyl system over Serato/Final Scratch. I love this program!

Posté Thu 24 May 07 @ 11:04 pm
Eh HiHat, Im from Canada too! Where did you find VV for $500 CDN please?! All I see it online for is like $500US. Im heavily leaning towards that Pro way, since I already have a "beginner" two cd& mixer coffin equipment and my Herc MK1. THNX =)

Posté Fri 25 May 07 @ 12:36 am
DJFRCUE userMember since 2006
Hey HiHat,

Can the VV box be USB powered or do you have to plug it in?

Cause that would lean me towards the Maya for gigs, 1 less thing to plug in!

Posté Fri 25 May 07 @ 1:13 am
I have the vv on the way from pssl. I can't wait...I feel like a little gir....whoa, let's not get crazy here.

Posté Fri 25 May 07 @ 2:09 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
vv can be usb powered or charger powered its up 2 you :)

Posté Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:15 am
Got my Virtual Vinyl, and instead of using it with Cue I'm using it with Virtual DJ (same thing anyway). Just practiced a bit last night, and I have a gig tomorrow. Little quircks with it, but it is pretty cool. I will practice more tomorrow before the bar and see what happens. Good stuff, though.

Posté Sat 26 May 07 @ 7:50 pm
Sorry for the late answers to those who asked.

Box isn't USB powered AFAIK.. comes with an external AC Adapter. Though now that I think about it, the light does come on when just the USB is plugged in. I'll check tmw and get back to you.

For the other fellow if you leave your e-mail address, I'll let you know how to find Virtual Vinyl for $500 CDN.

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 9:38 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
HiHat wrote :
Sorry for the late answers to those who asked.

Box isn't USB powered AFAIK.. comes with an external AC Adapter. Though now that I think about it, the light does come on when just the USB is plugged in. I'll check tmw and get back to you.

For the other fellow if you leave your e-mail address, I'll let you know how to find Virtual Vinyl for $500 CDN.

The VV is indeed USB powered. The adapter is there "just in case".
Another neat feature that is very good with the Numark VV soundcard is that the passthrough on the box is completly passive, which means you can run your turntables through without having power connected to the box(AC or USB).
This is something the Serato box can't do, and it's a great feature if by any chance your computer should shut down unexpectedly and you don't have the AC connected.

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 11:32 am
Another consideration about maya vs VV is that the VV box has 3 stereo outputs (one for each deck, and a third to play samples through). The maya only has two stereo outputs- so playing samples is more tricky.

I've got the maya though and am pretty happy with it.

Posté Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 11:47 am
RE: HiHat, thanks for the reply about finding VV for that price....but Uh, I don't think I can leave my email address in a msg here, seeing Im a non registered user? I was about this close to buying it online off ebay, but I didnt cause I really don't have $500 bucks to spend. ;P My bro has an ebay account, and I'd just pay him the money to buy it for me. I'd rather "bargain" shop for the best price tho. Maybe you can leave your email HiHat and I can email u? Thanks for your help. =)

Posté Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 6:05 am
Thanks for the correction k_one and that's really informative to know, everyday I learn something new about the VV system and it's all been good news :)

D_Raven e-mail me at jasroop at gmail dot com and I'll set you on the right track. Not everyone can qualify for this deal, but I'll let you know how it works.

Posté Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 6:26 pm
I would stay away from E-Bay when it has anything to do with VV/VDJ. You can get burnt really quick.

Posté Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 7:09 pm
I agree. I was able to purchase it from a shop which made the deal even sweeter :).

Posté Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 11:45 pm
Thanks everyone for the advice/help! I usually don't Impulse buy things that are quite expensive, without learning about it a bit. But I really want VV for its versatility package, not to mention VDJ/CUE program =)

Posté Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 1:47 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
discobrian24 wrote :
I would stay away from E-Bay when it has anything to do with VV/VDJ. You can get burnt really quick.

I second that all the way!

Posté Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 3:19 pm
87%