Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ 4.3 Effects...PLEASE HELP - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I am having trouble figuring out how to use multiple effects at one time. I had vdj 3.4 and you were able to use 3 effects at a time. Now i can only seem to use 1 on 4.3. Can anyone tell me how to program vdj 4.3 so that i can use multiple effects?? Rather than just 1...

Posté Thu 24 May 07 @ 10:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
in v4 it is designed to allow many fx to be applied at once

to activate the one you want click on it

click again to dissable

this way you can have more than 3

Posté Thu 24 May 07 @ 10:16 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Press CTRL when you select your second effect (from the skin)

Posté Thu 24 May 07 @ 10:24 pm
luckyxxHome userMember since 2007
Hi

Posté Thu 24 May 07 @ 11:22 pm
Okay, explain that again to those of us that are slow...LOL!

I'm in the same boat as I've been version 4.3 prejudice for a while.

I also just converted from 3.4 and I'm having the same issue. I'm using Serge's skin, which actually has five button with preassign effects. Wish I knew how to assign set effects to those five buttons, like you do with Midi on a keyboard (shortcuts, etc..) and also how to run multiple effects with this skin...

VDJ Batibiri

Posté Fri 25 May 07 @ 12:52 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If using the FX tab, then just click on whichever one you want, and then click the 'activate button for the appropriate deck. That effect will remain on until you de-activate it by clicking there again. You can activate other effects similarly and it will occur on top of the original... and so on.

If using a skin with an FX list or drop-down, then once you have an effect activated, choose your next effect by holding down the <CONTROL> key of your keyboard while you click the next effect. Now both in the list will be 'highlighted.' Turn that effect on (usually by clicking the button, depending on what skin you're using) and now the second effect will occur on top of the original.... and so on. The only problem with doing it in the skin is that deactivating an effect sets the 'currently selected' effect back to the previously activated effect, so you might think that clicking again will reactivate the recently deactivated effect, but will actually just deactivate the previous effect. You will have to <CNTRL>-click the appropriate list item again before being able to reacivate it. This is the intended functionality, not a bug. Also, the parameter controls will only effect the most recently 'clicked' effect.

Many may be wondering how to more easily activate certain effects together and/or control them together or independently without having to go into the dropdown list. This is possible by customizing the skin, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a skin out there made specifically for 'effects power users' already. If not, it's really not very difficult to modify/customize an existing skin.

I hope this helps.

Posté Fri 25 May 07 @ 6:06 pm
i'm asking a similar question but in regards to the hercules mk controller and effects. i recently tried the 4.3 demo version rather than the 3.4 that came with the unit - definitely a tighter, leaner version! in the old version you could pre-assign 3 effects to the buttons on the controller so during a mix you could use one or more at the same time, the buttons just did an on/off and tto change effects you had to use the mouse on the fx panel.

so i'm wondering if this is just a skin thing or mapping or ? as i like the ability to mix multiple effects with a single button press rather than a couple of clicks

love the program with the hercules unit as a frontend, and definitely will be upgrading to the professional version once more student funding comes in :D

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 6:58 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
moonpie126 wrote :
i recently tried the 4.3 demo version

There is no 4.3 demo, last one is 4.2?

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 2:39 pm
hmm... and it looks like i can't keep versions straight OR make multiple effects work. 4.2R1 not 4.3.. version numbers are so confusing nowadays :$ either way it's about to expire

in regards to my query, please tell me this is something very obvious i'm just overlooking! the copy of vdj that came with the controller is pretty great but i'd love to know the upgrade only adds features and not obfuscates/removes em! cheers

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 7:53 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
moonpie126 wrote :
the copy of vdj that came with the controller is pretty great but i'd love to know the upgrade only adds features and not obfuscates/removes em! cheers

Hi.could u registered ur copy serial here.

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 8:16 pm
huh? i'm using a demo right now, i don't think it has a serial. and the 3.4 version i have came with the unit - it says dj console edition. is there a serial number that should be obvious to me? and in regards to my query?

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 8:24 pm
The serial is on ur cd sleeve that came with the console:)).. It is betta to be known as registered user as u own the software and u will have that Herc icon under ur name:).

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 8:38 pm
moonpie126 wrote :
i'm asking a similar question but in regards to the hercules mk controller and effects. i recently tried the 4.3 demo version rather than the 3.4 that came with the unit - definitely a tighter, leaner version! in the old version you could pre-assign 3 effects to the buttons on the controller so during a mix you could use one or more at the same time, the buttons just did an on/off and tto change effects you had to use the mouse on the fx panel.

so i'm wondering if this is just a skin thing or mapping or ? as i like the ability to mix multiple effects with a single button press rather than a couple of clicks

love the program with the hercules unit as a frontend, and definitely will be upgrading to the professional version once more student funding comes in :D

Using 3.4 the 3 preset button u could on n off on its very own, example effect 1 is for effect 1 but on v4 the effect 1 n 3 act as rewind or foward to which effect u want the effect 2 is the on n off n u did not need to use the mouse, just use effect 1 n 3 to select:)

And yes there is a mapper for DJC:)

And there a lot of benefit and mode that u will have in the pro version plus u can access to the skins n plug in that were for pro..

Keeps spinning:)

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 8:41 pm
thank you spinna! i really appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me! i'm looking to upgrade to the professional edition once more of my student funding comes through but that one feature threw me off - so you helping a user who hasn't dropped the cash for the software yet is REALLY nice :D

i try to avoid using the mouse as much as possible while mixing BUT i really did enjoy the multiple effects at once rather than using the buttons on the hercules unit to select them. so is there a way to change the behaviour of the 4.x versions so those 3 buttons will act like they did in 3.4? does the mk1 unit have any known issues with the newer versions of vdj and did you continue with the console edition line or is it all just one edition now? i guess what i'm asking is what is my status as a user or how do i find out my serial number if even i have one with the console edition version i have

thanks for your time

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 8:50 pm
moonpie126 wrote :

i try to avoid using the mouse as much as possible while mixing BUT i really did enjoy the multiple effects at once rather than using the buttons on the hercules unit to select them. so is there a way to change the behaviour of the 4.x versions so those 3 buttons will act like they did in 3.4? does the mk1 unit have any known issues with the newer versions of vdj and did you continue with the console edition line or is it all just one edition now? i guess what i'm asking is what is my status as a user or how do i find out my serial number if even i have one with the console edition version i have

thanks for your time

Yes u could use the mapper that only available to pro user. There is also a newer driver for the mk1 n mk2. And there should be not a issue with it.

I did not use my DJC edition (came with the console) and only use my pro version as they offer much more. Using external mixer etc:) U could find ur serial at the cd sleve (installation disc for DJC edition) that came wit the console.

Hope to see u as a registered user soon and betta yet a pro:)

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 9:04 pm
okay, so just to be 100% sure i'm getting this then:

the only way to change the behaviour of the 3 effects buttons on the hercules controller is to upgrade to the pro edition and do it via the mapper? there isn't some sort of toggle in virtual dj itself?

oh i can't wait to uprade if that's the case hah! stupid rent being more important :$

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 9:07 pm
I can't for sure say that it will affect those 3 effects button and change it back to ur prefered setting that as in 3.4 BUT i positively think it could be done:) DEFINITELY it will let u change the behaviour of the console:)

As i did not use the mapper myself as i am very please the way it werk in 4.3. Maybe someone who use the mapper could promise u on that:)

cheers.
DJ Antarez

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 9:44 pm
Do you want to be a DJ, or you want a place to live? Geez, it's not a hard decision. Next thing you know, you'll be crying about food.

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 10:06 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
lol
kids they just cant get there prioritys right...

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 10:17 pm
to the prior 2 posters - thanks for the on topic encouragement! it's good to know everyone who owns this software is as constructive in answering a question as you! good ole forums bringing out the better side of people. maybe later we should meet on the playground and fight?

ON the topic, thank you VERY muck spinnaj, i'll be back once i can afford the upgrade. keep up being friendly - it speaks well for the product and most of the community supporting it!

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 11:47 pm
87%