Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet need tech help please..

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

well 2 weeks ago i was reformatting my shuttle pc and accidentally had my external connected . long story short, The operating system went on the external hd instead on the internal
which caused an erasure of all my music and videos ( yes i've been pissed every since.

MY question is : has this happened to anyone (i know i read it did some while ago);

How can i get it back? I tried a program called Active undelete ,BUT it on recovered some of my music but none of my videos .

is there a way to recover a partion where the folders will be as they were before they got deleted?

any help is apreciated .

thanks

Posté Sat 26 May 07 @ 7:11 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Sat 26 May 07 @ 7:13 pm
hey skyfxl;
thanks gonna check it out now.

i'll crossmy fingers now

Posté Sat 26 May 07 @ 7:53 pm
The problem is that you have a lot of files that have been written to the drive after the wipeout. The more files written, the less chance of recovery. Good luck though, I know what it's like to lose your library with a not so perfect backup.

Posté Sat 26 May 07 @ 10:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have softwares like:
* PC Inspector File Recovery
* Easy Recovery

Posté Sat 26 May 07 @ 11:05 pm
Look at R-Studio from R-Tools at r-tt.com

I've used this software before with great success... I found files on one of my laptops from 5 installs before, and that's with FDISK between each install! It's also really cheap.

Unfortunately, with your new windows install on that hard drive, any files for the OS that were copied to the tunes drive most certainly overwrote a lot of your music, and that will be un-recoverable. The Windows folder alone is ~4Gb.

Posté Sun 27 May 07 @ 8:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)