Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Numark Cue Songs restarting from beginning last night

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

Last night I was doing my first gig using Numark Cue.
About halfway through the night, some of my songs would start playing for a few seconds, and then all of a sudden jump to the beginning and start playing again. After that it would play the whole song straight thru, just fine.

It wasn't doing it on every song, but later in the night, it started happening more often.

It was running great for about 4 hours, then it started doing this.
It seemed to do it more often when another song was loading on the other side.

Luckily, most of my music is still on CD right now, so I switched back to playing CDs.

I also had Auto mix turned on. I am djing with a laptop and have all my MP3's on an external MY Book Hard drive. (320 Gig)

Does anyone know what might cause this to happen, it was very embarrassing!

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 12:55 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I had the same problem when playing videos, your laptop is probably is probably overheating? I bought a bottom cooler for it and I never get restarting tracks again. Also check if u find new bios update for your laptop. Bios updates sometimes solve overheating problems.

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 7:19 am
If you have automix turned on (the icon with the magic wand on to the left of the playlist) and you try and play the songs manually it will do what you describe as far as i know.

If you want to leave it unattended then the automix button is fine, but if you want to control the music yourself then you have to turn automix off i think.

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 11:17 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, it could be automix so turn it off while you are mixing.

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 1:18 pm
You make a good point about the automix.
I was letting the program auto mix for me during dinner & right before we started the main dancing.
Then, I still had it turned on while I was mixing songs, and sometimes I was pulling songs right up to the decks while automix was still turned on.

We did wonder if the laptop might have been overheating. We checked it, and it didn't seem any hotter than normal. How would I know for sure if the laptop was overheating?

The laptop has an Intel Dual Core 1.60 Ghz Processor with a Gig of Ram.
This is a brand new laptop.
My other question is, if there were too many items running in the background, would this cause the problems I was having?
While we doing the gig, we looked at the CPU usage, and it was up at about 84 %.
After I got home that night, We turned off a lot of things that were running in the background,
like security updates and different services.
My intentions are to never get on the internet with this laptop, so I can keep it as clean as possible.
I let my set-up run for about 8 hours straight yesterday, playing music and I didn't have the problem happen agian. The CPU usage was staying around 55 %.

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 5:30 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
hey Freak, go look at Sky's and DJ in Norways blogs. Both of them are very informative on how to set up a laptop to get best performance.

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 5:34 pm
I'm pretty new to this site.
How do I get to their Blogs?

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 6:21 pm

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 6:25 pm
One way is to find a posting and click on their names. Or, at the top of this page mouse over the commnity tab, see the choice for blogs? Select it, I know Skyflx is a big blogger so his are easy to find. DJ in Norway I am not sure of but, there is a search option.

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 6:28 pm
Damnit ALF...lol. My phone rang and you beat me to the answer, and gave a better one on top of it!!!....lol Now I am going to go to the corner and cry like the little girl ALF made me look like....lol

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 6:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lets chat about what settings you should choose

msn : admin@skyfxlmedia.com

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 7:05 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
Damnit ALF...lol. My phone rang and you beat me to the answer, and gave a better one on top of it!!!....lol Now I am going to go to the corner and cry like the little girl ALF made me look like....lol

LOL, take it easy ;) we are all here to help.

Posté Mon 28 May 07 @ 7:22 pm
Thanks a bunch.

I went to Sky's blog and there is a lot...and I mean a lot of awesome technical help on there!

It will be very useful.

I will be using the info.

Thanks,

Freakndj

Posté Tue 29 May 07 @ 3:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)