Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DMX with VDJ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Just curious if anyone here has experience running DMX lighting with VDJ's DMX capabilities.
What USB to DMX device it compatible or recommended?
Does it run with what is playing live on VDJ via BPM's, etc to control lights along with keyboard or midi shortcuts to activate the light's functions?

Trying to decide between running it using VDJ or other software. Can your successfully run VDJ with other DMX software running too?

any input is much appreciated!!

- AL

Posté Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 10:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
virtual dj supports the sudi usb interface and supports basic dmx commands they can be mapped to shortcuts

Posté Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 10:45 pm
It's not something that gets mentioned much, so I guess not many (if any) people use it. would also be interested if anybody does use it.

From the sounds of things then, you can't map sequences to certain songs then? That would be way cool if you could! maybe for VDJ 9.6 though... :)

Posté Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 12:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its not that advanced im afraid

Posté Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 12:12 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I haven't gotten around to using DMX control right out of VDJ (yet) but it was my impression that it is possible to place DMX cues in songs so that certain DMX commands are triggered at the right part of a particular song. If so, then with enough cue points, a 'sequence' can be triggered.
At least that's what I thought. Maybe an external plugin required, but I'm sure I have read that this is possible in the past.
Anyone with a more authoratative answer?

Posté Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 7:13 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)