Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet internal database error

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

im a currenlty running vista on my laptop and im having problems with virtual dj, the error intarnal database error comes up when i load up virtual dj., im using the virtual dj (console edition) currently, it worked when i had xp running on my laptop, but now it doenst, i even tried installing the 4.2 trial edition and it still didnt work, im just wondering is their a compatibility issue with windows vista???

Posté Sun 10 Jun 07 @ 6:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Part of your new found problem is the way Vista manages software configuration and data files.
They are no longer referenced in the same location as where the program is installed - e.g. C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ

Please submit your serial for the Console (DJC) Edition to your profile here -- http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html --

Posté Sun 10 Jun 07 @ 8:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is very important on vista , that you are logged in as an administrator or the database cannot be read correctly. The whole program can have difficulties working as it needs acess to key system files.

in the vista setup by default your acount is made a limited user on vista to protect the settings and for other security reasons.

You need to go to control pannel > User Groups > Users

and add your self into the administor group.

This is aslo very important for the console to correctly function.

Be sure to move a copy of the datbase to that new location as well as cstol said.

To use the console edition on vista correctly you will need the new vista update

for that as suggested please add your serial

i hope to see you with us soon

Posté Sun 10 Jun 07 @ 9:10 pm
upgraded to vista now wehn i run vdj it says corrupt data base lost all my setting and comments
transererd all file virtual dj data base and mp3 files and still no luck with all my setting tried adding my self user as suggested and it would not let me do tha either

Posté Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 5:39 pm
You don't need to be an administrator to read file from the Program Files directory. As such VirtualDJ will load up fine and should access the database ok. If it's saying it's corrupted, perhaps it really is corrupted. You can test this by dragging the database into Internet Explorer. If you have errors, you best get onto repairing that database. Regardless, by default your main account is an administrator in Vista and there is no root administrator account as defined in secpol.msc.

Because the administrator account in secpol is the only true administrator account, any other account will be limited through the use of user account control (uac). Atomix have been slow in releasing a Vista compatible version of VirtualDJ for whatever reason. There are several ways they could have released a fix already. VirtualDJ could automatically request administrative access, which would allow writing to files in the Program Files directory, i.e. the database, shortcut and history files. Alternatively, they could store the configuration in the currents users application data directories, which is the proper way most windows programs work. No extra access rights are required for this, why isn't this a feature already.

Everytime you want to load up VirtualDJ in Vista, and this applies for anyone. You should run it as an administrator. To do so, right click on the shortcut and select run as administrator. To set this change permanently, right-click the shortcut and select properties. There is an option under compatibility if I remember correctly.

Posté Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 5:57 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
they are aware of this permisions issue and it will be solved in the next update , by locating all database files in my documents.

Posté Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 7:18 pm
That still wouldn't fix history and playlists etc, putting it all into My Documents would look messy also.

Posté Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 7:36 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Andrew87 wrote :
That still wouldn't fix history and playlists etc, putting it all into My Documents would look messy also.

Just wait and you will see ;)

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 12:50 pm
Shouldn't have had to to be honest. Every other piece of software I run worked perfectly with Vista (or had an update available); even PeerGuardian has an alpha available which works with Vista. The only exception was my preferred firewall of choice, Sygate Personal Firewall - but there is a big difference between the operation of such software and VirtualDJ. A VirtualDJ Vista fix (at least in terms of permissions, i.e. database, shortcut and history saving) shouldn't take many lines of code or a particularly patch.

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 12:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)