Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet a cautionary tale fer da mobile guys

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

or we can call this " my favorite school , part 2 "

i went to a school gig for my adopted school in the ghetto in philly on friday past ..... it was hot and humid and i wasn't properly prepared.....usually if i expect to be hot i bring myself 2 fans and a cooler with partially frozen bottle water and real ice and blue ice paks........didn't do any of that......

inside the gymnasium was noticeably hotter even b4 the kids came in and they lit the burners for the food.......

outside was 94 , inside the gym probably about 105 , i drank a few cold sodas to keep cool , i noticed at one point i'm getting a headache so i took some ibuprofen..... i notice a little later i'm feeling very drained and still have the headache.........next thing i remember , i'm coming to, my head on the keyboard and a a bag of ice around my neck......they took me to the only air conditioned room and i cooled off about 5 minutes, then went back and finished the show

i never passed out b4 from the heat ever....even when i lived in florida......anyway don't forget your hats, ice water fans whatever it takes...... i was told in that situation to cool the back of the neck cuz there is a lot of circulation to the brain in that area and not a lot of muscle and skin so it will cool off the blood to the brain

of course , with me , there IS no blood flow to the brain , but it should work for everyone else ......

Posté Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 1:48 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Good advice

I am origonaly from the UK but for the last year I have lived and worked in Saudi Arabia. Still giging at the weekends. Mainly for the expat and armed forces community out here and boy is it hot. Up to 44C with very high humidity. We do many of our gigs in open air venues so the only thing I have to remember thats not on your list is insect repellent. Those Saudi mosquitos love to chow down on us poor workin DJs.

Regards
Daz

Posté Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 5:04 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also, anything that has a sugar content slows the absorption of fluids by the body. In hot temperatures its better to just have water. Anything with caffeine is also a diuretic, which means that they steal more water from the body than they add. One can of coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar which also converts to fat if your body doesnt use it up that day (for which most of us wouldnt). Alot of people think that grabbing a soda will help them cool down but if its a high in sugar and caffenaited its actually doing more worse than good.

Posté Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 7:10 am
thanks guys ...didn't know that about soda ......i know alcohol very negatively affects your temperature because the alcohol makes your capillaries expand . this makes them closer to your skin and the outside air......meaning when it's hot you would get hotter, when it's cold you will get colder ......

Posté Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 2:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its true tea and coffe, fizzy drinks and alcohol , suck your blood dry

via osmosis so do salty things , aslo

best to stick to water when its very hot , i always keep water with me when im working

Posté Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 4:16 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And some of the chemicals in those diet drinks are abit of a worry. Just type the word Aspartame into google. Nothing is completely proven either the for or against it but I still think theres too much controversy about the artificial sweetner to have some concerns, especially if it does end up being a neurotoxin as some suggest.

Posté Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 1:08 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)