Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet vdj and vista

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

owniebPRO InfinityMember since 2006
so, should I upgrade to vista, or no? I have 2 gig of ram. what do you think?

Posté Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 4:26 am
Do some research before changing your OS.

Check all of your devices - dj controllers, printers, soundcards, Video drivers, ethernet cards, muti-media keyboards, joysticks....etc. Have Vista-compliant drivers.

XP drivers may or may not work. some create conflicts and do strange things to Vista.

Check your system specs against Microsft's recommended specs to run Vista.

I know the video engine on Vista requires a imbedded GPU for integrated graphics, or a Video card.

Just Swapping the OS without doing your homework is a bad Idea. It leads to Frustration.

Just search Vista in the Forums, Some users have had very bad luck because their Motherboards wern't up for the task. They were designed for XP.

Vista is sufficiently different to cause problems

Posté Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 4:37 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have vista

ICDX
MAYA 44USB
HDJC MK2

Works great..

he's right do research
A few things don't have drivers yet.

Posté Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 4:46 am

Posté Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 4:51 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 10:51 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would recommend getting a fresh install of Vista rather than an upgrade

Posté Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 11:05 am
If you can live without Vista, then do without it for now. I've had several problems and would say I'm an advanced user. It uses a lot more memory out of the box than XP too which in turn slows performance of heavy work, e.g. for mixing video you want optimal conditions and XP will give you a better solid FPS than Vista for the moment. There are also annoying new features such as User Account Control which can be disabled but then you won't be able to install things like Adobe Creative Suite 3, which you will require an upgrade from if you're used to using CS2 as it's not fully Vista compatible.

There are only two reasons to want Vista at the moment.
1) You're an early adopter
2) You need DX10 support

I've got Vista to a nice state at the moment after disabling things like the sidebar and about half of the services which are pretty much useless. It does work nicely with VDJ and I can use TCV with 1ms with my Mk2 (with Master Tempo set to fast, but using advanced scratch settings). But I do prefer XP.

Posté Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 3:07 pm
owniebPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Now, does vista offer disc partitioning, and should I run an entirely separate instance of vista with vdj?

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 3:14 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When I got my new notebook I booted up with my old notebook XP disc in, created 2 partitions and installed XP to the second one. Then I booted up with the Vista disc that came with my new notebook and installed that to the first partition. From then on when you start the computer it asks you which system you want to load. My XP partition is for my day job, and the vista with just virtual dj installed for the weekends. When your in XP and load new programs it will automatically install everything to the second partition (usually labelled D:). My old notebook now has Ubuntu installed for the operating system waiting for the linux release of VDJ ;-)

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 3:37 am
PFD there is no need to buy the full Vista as you can accomplish the same with the upgrade. Per Cyder (thanks man) all you have to do is install and DO NOT ENTER YOUR SERIAL. This puts the Vista demo on your machine. You then upgrade that install and enter your key..

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 4:54 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)