Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet anudder young stallion bites the dust .......

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

today the new guy didn't show for night shift...... i covered for 2 hours then left.......

i am incredulous really when these guys blow chances like it's nothing ......the guy in question was late b4, had a cracked copy of vdj and pcdj........didn't have a usb cable on one occasion, has the cliche' pic of the babes fer a desktop wallpaper...(see hugh hefner uses VDJ )..no system of his own at one point, no backup, just lots of fundamentals not being executed......also another sad cliche'.......clueless about the computer in general , (not just the software) ....somebody cue up " scrubs "

a bunch of red flags i've learned to recognize i guess ......when i see one i think this guy isn't gonna last

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 4:52 am
I'm guessing this fellow was about 19-25, Very trendy clothing, and an late model honda civic-type vehicle with 10% rust on the body panels a large wing mounted on the trunk that does not match the car, and $3000.00 in rims, 1000 bucks in tires and 900 bucks in stereo. And leaves a trail of blue smoke from the "high"performance" exhaust indicating internal oil leaks.

I get these type of guys coming to the club all the time asking? - no Bragging about how good a DJ they are.

Untill It's showtime.

Don't lose any sleep over it - Oh shit - you already did.

Take confort in the fact that they will not be there for long.

Neither will their car, because usually it breaks down, "On the way to the Club;....I swear!!!"

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 5:11 am
guess ya know the type ?? lol there's bling for a cliche' filled facade and nothing after that .......

this guy is 31 ! getting way too old for kiddie behavior if you ask me

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 1:47 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You have to be born for this job, not anyone can do it (or want to do it).

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 1:53 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
guess ya know the type ?? lol there's bling for a cliche' filled facade and nothing after that .......

this guy is 31 ! getting way too old for kiddie behavior if you ask me

I've met one or two of these type of guys. - they don't last - it's a good thing

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 3:22 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Hey Chuck...this is the same type of guy who says, just before they quit, "If I leave this place will close". I cannot even begin to tell you how many people under 25 I have fired. I have known a lot of DJs who want to be famous, but do not want to put in the work. It takes dedication not all of us have in proper amounts.

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 3:40 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
Hey Chuck...this is the same type of guy who says, just before they quit, "If I leave this place will close". I cannot even begin to tell you how many people under 25 I have fired. I have known a lot of DJs who want to be famous, but do not want to put in the work. It takes dedication not all of us have in proper amounts.

Hey tear - you just reminded me of something: When I first started at the club I'm at, there was a DJ there that had worked there for 7 years. He thought I was trying to steal his gig (but at the time I had a hotel in another city I was dj'ing at, At the same time - so sched conflicts - but he didn;t care he tryed to run me off; Long story short - he got a job delivering groceries to oil sands workcamps, and was gone for a year, Said the EXACT same thing - If I go this place will fall apart.

He left for a year -came back on a friday night I was in the booth, young 18 year old girl dancing on the speaker platform beside me(she hadn't been there when the other fellow was there), leans over and asks "Hey Marcel, Who's the new guy?"

To this day I cannot decribe the expression on his face. wierdest thing I ever saw on a human.

EGo - strange thing isn't it?

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 3:48 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nothing upsets me more if a client calls me out to support them and they are using cracked software

or the "If I leave this place will close" attitude that some people have

it apears sorry to say on this very forum at times :(

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 4:22 pm
i get embarassed when these things happen .....

please don't do things that give people reason to question our professionalism.......

i have to give a prop to the GM ..... he actually never complained that i was leaving and did not engage in any arm twisting......

but i told him my family is driving in for my daughter's graduation thursday , and my staying extra today is very bad timing ........

the last thing he said was i will pay you some extra $ tomorrow, don't worry , thanks .......

i have filled in gaps in the schedule on many previous occasions ...... i have literally done 6 and 7 shifts (7 hours long) in a row previously, out of a possible 13 shifts .......i still felt bad leaving

Posté Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 4:59 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)