Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Hercules - Line In?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So I finally decided to purchase VDJ pro and Hercules DJ console, both of which I love. I've got a question though. I love that I can use my headphones to listen to VDJ through the herc, but I'm not sure how to configure the seetings in VDJ so that I can also listen to music though my laptop speakers (and still preview music through the headphones). I've got the mono-line out cord which came with herc plugged into the back of herc (output 1/2) and then into my laptop microphone jack (when I do this a menu in vista pops up and I tell it to perform as line-in not mic). I've tried to configure the different options but nothing seems to work. Any advise would be great. (Also I've tried searching the forum but I've found nothing.) Thanks.

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 12:45 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You will select 2 sound cards and one in laptop will be main output and MK2 will be preview, select Headphones option and select below what you need in VDJ settings.

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 2:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
for the mk2:

Inputs: none
Outputs: headphones
Card : MK2

Channels 1/2 main 3/4 headphones

for the mp3 control:

inputs : none
outputs: headphones
card : your 4.1 soundcard
channels 1/2 main 3/4 headphones

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 2:28 pm
DJ-ALF, I'm not really sure what you mean by this, would you mind writing out a step by step, thanks. Skyfxl, when I do this I don't hear anything out of my laptop speakers. I'm lost.

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 8:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok , im not sure if u can use 3 outputs in this way i will experiment

it would be better to use the headphone port on the mk2

as this is one of the main featues of the mk2

you can choose to use the mk2 for headphones and the laptop for main as stated

however this wont work in a live enviroment as there is now no ouput for an amp

inputs: none
cards: two
1 :mk2
2.: laptop

1: headphones
2: main

Posté Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 12:21 am
I do use the headphone jack in the hercules. I just want to preview it through the hercules and listen through my laptop speakers. What would this config be? Thanks again, great support on this forum.

When I do this setting:

Inputs: none
cards: two
1 :mk2
2.: laptop

1: headphones
2: main

I can hear out of my laptop speakers but on the herc when I go to Deck A or B I can't hear through my headphones.

Posté Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 7:36 am
I got an easier way if u wanna try. Go ahead and get a pair of computer speakers which u can find them cheap and plug them into the output 1/2. Go into VDJ and set it up

Input: None
Output: Headphone
S. Card: MK2

Then you will be able to also use this out to a mixer if u choose. You can also set it up to use both outputs if you have a mixer at a later date.

Posté Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 7:47 am
Actually I think the problem is on my laptop sound card. I don't know how to configure it to playback from line-in. I've got a regular cord running from Output 1/2 to my microphone port on my laptop, but how do I make it play out of the speakers from there?

Posté Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 3:27 pm
Mic ports aren't very reliable, unless they are stereo. In the absence of a line-in, you may need to invest in an external USB soundcard. I have the Creative Soundblaster - plug it into the Line In on the back of that.

Posté Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 11:46 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)