Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual DJ Laggy

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This has happened to me before on a windows PC, but I didn't expect it to happen on a mac as well. (Note: when running the app, I only run dashboard and airport and it is usually plugged into power)

I just picked up a brand new updated MBP 15" and have been running a new copy of Virtual DJ 4.3 on it. I haven't had any problems until now. I was trying to mix some songs together for a 1 hour set, and I noticed some were extremely laggy. It seemed like the beat was dropping out, falling behind, or skipping when I played the song at its tempo or something very close.

On the windows machine I was using, this was a real problem with version 4.1...The only way it was totally fixed was when I reinstalled the OS for another purpose. I hope I don't have to reinstall my OS to fix this, but I am wondering what I should do. Is there a way to keep the database but wipe everything VDJ and reinstall? Is there some settings under the performance tab that would solve my problem? I currently have Lat: 512 (11ms), Scratch: optimize for: lat/enhanced algorithm/filter size: 11/filter smooth, lowpass filter/filter taps: 11/filter smooth, master tempo: fast. Any help would be appreciated.

(Also, since I began using the software on my mac, the blue and red beat matcher skips a lot.)

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 7:10 am
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm normally not the guy who reminds people to buy the software, but someone who can afford a MBP and is obviously using VDJ for quite some time on PC as well as on MAC should buy the program.

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 8:08 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do u koe y?, uhhh, nevermind..u knew it

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 10:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
il make you a deal support , the software by buying it , and i will personaly support you in getting it working.

unoffical versions wreak havock with your mixing as it damages key code

Posté Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 11:38 am
I see your point of view. I'm probably going to buy Virtual DJ Pro tonight. I have some questions:

-When you download the software, does it automatically know I'm on a mac? Do I get both the exe and the dmg file?
-Have there been any updates to fix this problem or other bugs since version 4.3 release?
-Do you get any other files with the download (ie a manual or guide)
-After I purchase it, will someone be able to tell me optimal performance settings for my MBP?

and most inportantly:
-How do I completely remove my version of Virtual DJ but save the database with cue points and bpm adjustments? Should I just trash that too if it is corrupted?

Thanks in advance, and I am sorry for using this software without a license. I am not a big fan of stealing software, but in the past few months I have been low on cash. (I am going to college this fall)

Posté Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 2:42 am
, you get the choice of a mac or a windows download from the tab called "download center"

there are guides for pro users to increase performance ,

i recommend you set the following , on the tab on options called performances
Set Latency to "auto" , the slider to fastest , untick safe mode and tick overclock

there is a manual for download yes

in the folder on your harddrive documents there will be a sub folder called virtual dj

back up virtualdjdatabase.xml and virtualdjdatbase(yourname).xml

you should be able to restore optimal funtionality by removing one key file that has been edited by the crack.

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist now with a legit pro serial the program should run correctly

hope to see you with us soon :)

Posté Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 3:08 am
well I am a registered licensed user now, and I have reinstalled the software fully, but still have the same problem. It appears to be laggy on some songs, but not on others. At first I thought this might be my laptop getting too hot, but after it cooled down, it still was laggy.

Should I try to reinstall this time, but wipe the database? Do you think this is a bug that can be fixed with an update?

Thanks,
Ryan

Posté Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 7:06 am
what format are the songs .m4a? . mp3?

try the latest update from the download centrer r13

Posté Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 10:38 am
they are mp3 straight from iTunes.

I think that the problem is fixed now because I found out that I reinstalled in improperly the last time. There were some files left that I didn't delete, and when I opened it up it was still unlocked with the wrong serial. I installed it this morning with my serial and wiped the database, so it should be fine.

I'll try mixing those again and let you know how it goes.

Posté Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 3:37 pm
cool best of luck :)

Posté Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 4:12 pm
yep, the problem is fixed. The mix worked great, no lag.

Thanks

Posté Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 3:22 am
cool welcome to the club :)

Posté Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 10:01 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nice to hear it:)

Posté Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 10:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)