Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Downloading Timecode CD

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

How do you download the time code cd.. All that happens when i click to download and it opens up the tone on quick player and it does not download the file to PC

Posté Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 2:10 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Right click on the link and choose 'save as' It will download to your PC.

Gary

Posté Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 2:36 am
Unfortunately you are not able to rightclick on hovering menus such as the above when using browsers such as Firefox (and possibly Safari or Opera). Internet Explorer has it's own illegal standards of displaying things.

If you find yourself unable to use the above technique, rightclick here and use your browsers save function to download the cd.

I would like to add the suggestion that the team either make a self executing zip of the timecode file, which would save some server bandwidth as noone would then be able to stream the file, and users would no longer have a downloading problem. Instructions could also be put into this self executing zip that recording with a utility such as the freeware utility Burn4Free is required and for Pioneer/Denon users they must reauthor the file using a gain of -13dB. Failing that, a sticky with these sort of guidelines in this forum would be quite useful.

If I'm putting my foot in this where I shouldn't, please inform me via a pm and don't just instant ban me, a lot of the suggestions which I make, I believe are for the benefit of the community.

Posté Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 5:05 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Depends which timecode link you are talking about?

I use Firefox and i just right click and select 'save link as'

You'll find the link near the bottom of this page > http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

Gary

Posté Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 7:46 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Don't worry Andrew87, I already suggested that and that is a good idea IMO ;)
Thank you for helping on the forum!

Posté Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 10:55 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Andrew87 wrote :

If I'm putting my foot in this where I shouldn't, please inform me via a pm and don't just instant ban me, a lot of the suggestions which I make, I believe are for the benefit of the community.

All good ideas are welcome :)

Posté Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:33 am
GaryBr wrote :
Depends which timecode link you are talking about?

I use Firefox and i just right click and select 'save link as'

You'll find the link near the bottom of this page > http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

Gary

The one in the dropdown menu I described above. I didn't realise the link was on that page. That page needs to be updated, all the information is from v3 where you could use TCV in a non ASIO mode and the program had a built-in bypass feature. The timecode setup has come a long way between v3 and v4, the auto setup is such a handy feature.

Posté Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:52 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)