Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Ruined set and wrong configuration

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Greetings all. Last night I performed with my hercules dj console mk2 for the first time and it did not go as planned. Mostly because of my ignorance. I've just been using vdj for a month and finally mastered mixing perfectly but failed to read up on how to connect it to a big sound system. Anyway I had it set up with the turntables going into input 1/2 and 3/4 respectively and output 1/2 going into the technics mixer in the club via rca. So basically I was sending my sound to one channel on their mixer. The problem was that my sound output was really REALLY low and they had to boost up the sound really high and I had to constantly adjust the gain. My question is how should I connect my mk2 to their mix so that my signal is high enough where they wont have to boost it. Thanks in advance.

Posté Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 3:07 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You should connect MK2 output to their Line In RCA input and it should be ok. You can gain output level on the external mixer, not on the MK2.

Posté Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 4:01 pm
Hmm..odd thats how I had it. RCA output 1/2 on mk2 to their line in RCA. They had it switched to line in also on the external. The gain was all the way up on the external mixer also but the signal was still weak. They had to boost the sound even more on the mixing board and I still had to adjust gain in VDJ.

Posté Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 4:37 pm
So the music still played but the signal was weak? Were you sure to select 'phono' on the back of the MKII? If both decks worked, but very quietly, I bet this was the problem.

And Alf is right, if you have an external mixer there is really no need to do mixing on the MKII, just beat matching, effects, etc.

Posté Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 5:00 pm
Check in MK2 properties in Tray icon if volume sliders are at maximum. If you still get weak sound, you need pre-amp between external mixer and amplifier.

Posté Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 5:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
please aslo add your console serial

http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html

this way will give you the latest version of the console software

on options by any chance do you have auto gain set to zero?

or match if so turn this off

Posté Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 8:59 pm
Thanks everyone. Skyfxl I'll look at the auto gain once I get off work. While on lunch today I managed to connect my dj console to my external mixer at home. Oddly I had to turn the master volume and gain on my external mixer to maximum just to get the db rating to go to 0. That doesn't seem right. Another odd occurrence is that when i press the button on my console to switch to using a music vinyl it will stop playing the mp3 on the other deck. I don't know I could probably figure that out myself but I was just wondering if there are any thoughts on that. Thanks!

Posté Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 9:17 pm
That depends on external mixer, all that I tried was ok. I see that MK2 has just a little lower output signal than cd player, so it is ok by me.

Posté Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 7:15 pm
U will find that until you go into the MK2 control panel and turn the volume up it is at 1/2. That is the way it has been on mine for awhile, after you do this it does remember to make it max and u shouldnt have to do it more then 1 time, but I always check.

Posté Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 7:42 am
Yeah, discobrian is right, if you change/reinstall driver it might be lowered again, so check in the MK2 tray icon is it up to the max.

Posté Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 3:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)