Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Help with DJ IO

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

KwikOnePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just installed the DJ IO on my macbook. I am having problems with being able to play and preview tracks at the same time. I can only hear the A or B tracks at any given time through the output and not at all through my headphones. Obviously, when I am DJing, I need to be able to match beats in the headphones as a preview before I bring the other track in and I can't get that to work now. I am not sure if there is any thing I can do with the settings, I currently have them set as:
Outputs: Headphone
Soundcard: 4.1
Driver: Numark USB Audio Device
Master: Chan 3&4 / Headphones: Chan 1&2

On the DJ IO, I have the output in Output1 going into and aux channel on the mixer.

Further, when I output the DJ IO to my mixer

In addition, I am not seeing the ASIO drivers at all in the set-up.

If anyone can provide any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Posté Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 12:04 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try pressing PFL on the main skin for one of the channels ie deck 1 does it play now?

is there a control pannel for the dj/io card ?

Posté Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 12:56 am
Same result. I can hear each but not both at the same time. Further, regardless of which PFL I press, the output I am getting is for whichever deck I have the volume up for. Crossfader doesn't matter either.

Posté Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 1:15 am
aaronxHome userMember since 2007
i don't have the card so this may be a stupid suggestion, but can you switch the main and headphones, so main 1/2

Posté Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 5:05 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Did you install the DJ IO Mac driver properly? Try to reinstall the driver from the cd , reboot and give it another try to see if the Asio driver will appear as an option in the sound setup

Posté Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 5:10 am
dydy1, I tried that but will try it again. Hopefully I can get it working soon so I can begin using the equipment properly.

Posté Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:21 am
KwikOne, 1- go to config 2-go to sound setup.this is what you should see in the sound setup option below:

Posté Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:38 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What kind of mixer are you using?

Look at Page 11 of the Quick Start guide - there are your settings for using the DJ I/O with VDJ. That is the way you should have it setup. YES Numark CUE and VDJ are the same product.

Please note the Additional Info at the Bottom of the page :

Additional Information: You may also wish to send each virtual “deck” independently to each output pair on the DJ IO for use with an external mixer. To do so, please select External Mixer from the Outputs pulldown menu. You will then be able to decide which deck is being sent to which output pair.

This will allow you to CUE/PFL each deck at your mixer and not have to use the Headphone jack on the I/O. If you have an external mixer you should always PFL at the MIXER not the sound card. This is done by routing each deck to it's own outputs of the I/O and use your external mixer as it was designed and intended.

Posté Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:47 am
I use a small peavy mixer 4 channels. below is a pic of it.

this is my blog link below, there you will be able to see my mixer when scroll down the page
http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/dydy1/

Posté Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My question of Mixer and suggestion of setup was for KwikOne

- what kind of mixer are you using?

Posté Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:03 am
no problem, because in my case I am not using a DJ MIXER. I use the BCD200 as my controller. Ihope KwikOne
can help you with that or any other members who has the answer to your initial question!

Posté Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:11 am
Thanks guys with the suggestions. I was not using my mixer at the time. I figured that I could avoid it but I realize now that I am not able to. I will try setting everything up over the weekend and report the results back.

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 3:19 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)