Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet MAC and VDJ Time encoded vinyl

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have a MAC Quad Core. Using a SoundBlaster Extigy soundcard. Stanon TT and a UREI mixer. I would like to use my time encoded vinyls with my mac but I cant seem to get it working. Everything is plugged in properly. I only have one option for a soundcard within VDJ its "virtual vinyl". Do I need a ASIO driver? If so which one do I use?

HELP! Thanks :)

Posté Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 11:01 pm

The mac version currently only supports Numark Virtual Vinyl soundcard for timecode use sorry...

That might change in next update though

Posté Sun 29 Jul 07 @ 11:04 pm
roedelPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Do you have an idea when this update will be released. 3times a week I check this site and nothing really happens.
What about sending me a mail.
Dont get me wrong norway dj. You do a geat job in this forum

Posté Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 11:30 pm

Should be out real soon, beta testing is being done right now.

Hard to give an exact date, as that depends on how beta testing goes.

By the way, you will get a notice inside VDJ when new version is available, if you have the auto update option activated ;) So you dont really have to check the forum all the time if you dont wanna

Posté Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 2:14 am
Thanks a lot, appreciate the quick response. Tell em to HURRY UP!!! LOL. JK. Take care.

Posté Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 11:34 am
Hey I just bought a new windows vista desktop and I can't seem to get it working with my external controllers (numark icdx). It tells me that the ASIO drive is not working or is not present, something of that sort. Only to find out that ASIO drives are not available to download for Vista. What are my options???

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 7:52 am
sebastienboulos wrote :
Hey I just bought a new windows vista desktop and I can't seem to get it working with my external controllers (numark icdx). It tells me that the ASIO drive is not working or is not present, something of that sort. Only to find out that ASIO drives are not available to download for Vista. What are my options???

Your best option is to ask this windows vista desktop support question in the windows pc technical support forum, not the Mac version technical support forum where you currently are. ;)

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/20/PC_Version_Technical_Support.html

Good luck!

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 9:10 am
superdPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi
I noticed that there were no ending of this story?! I'm thinking about buying VDJ and I am a mac user. Although I'm not an owner of a virtual vinyl box, and I was hoping not to buy one for the cause that I've already got an expensive soundcard. Is this problem solved? Is it possible for me to use any ASIO soundcard in Virtual DJ at this moment? The last post was like months ago and if there were some sort of beta testing then it probably would be out as a released software at this very moment.
If anyone has a clue, please answer. It's a pity that there are no trial version for mac.

Best regards
SuperD

Posté Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 10:37 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
in the upcomming update comming soon , support for more devices is expected

in the current version only VV is supported

Posté Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 10:46 pm
The ending to the story was in the 2nd post of this thread:

dj-in-norway wrote :

The mac version currently only supports Numark Virtual Vinyl soundcard for timecode use sorry...

That might change in next update though

Until VDJ/VV 5.0 Mac is released, we won't know what other cards are supported.

EDIT:
Ooops! Looks like sky beat me to a reply by about a minute. ;)

Posté Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 10:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)