Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Vestax VCI vs M-Audio Torq

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

I've spent the past hour or so reading some positive and some negative reviews about these. I've also read conflicting reports of native or no native support, and if the jogs etc work with VDJ 4. Could someone clear this up for me, as well as offering any advice/experiences with either of these controllers?

I currently have a Herc Mk2 but looking for something more robust and with better jogs. I appreciate that I'd need an external sound card with the Vestax; that's fine, I don't mind buying one.

Thanks

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 6:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
unfortuantely currently the vci jogs cant work in v4 :/ its being worked on , so you might want to wait for it

and the conective from torq is garbage ,

The exponent however works fine apart from a few volume lights which would need a native mapper :)

the total control is quite good too but it doesnt have touch sensitive jogs , so its not as sharp for stratching

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 7:34 pm
Thanks for the info. Is it going to be a matter of weeks or months for the jogs? I can live with using it as a controller and waiting for the jogs if all the other functions work.

I looked at the total control unit, but it seemed a bit too similar to my Mk2. My Mk2 does the job, no questions asked, but it is a bit flimsy and the layout isn't the best.

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 8:11 pm
Sorry, another Q....

Does the touch sensitivity work on the xponent? It'd be going into an external mixer, so the poor connectivity isn't the end of the day.

I wish my local DJ shops would stock more USB controllers for demos!

Posté Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 8:15 pm
it does support touch sensitivity , i cant tell you more as i have only had a few minutes play at the local dj shop:) want to get one tho

Posté Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 12:09 am
Maybe as a moderator, you could suggest to VDJ about them having some paid testers for the new gear ;)

I guess I'll bite the bullet and try it - I think I've got as far as I can with the Mk2, it's a nice feature packed little unit but feels so restrictive at times.

Thank you for your input.

Matt

Posté Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:28 am
Lots of say xponent works fine. Are you sure?Do the jogwheel work?It is possible to scratch...?

Posté Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 8:53 am
hehe i might just try that :)

Posté Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:26 pm
When you say"The exponent however works fine apart from a few volume lights which would need a native mapper :) " perhaps you're not talking about the Xponent ;)

Posté Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:29 pm
yes i am

look under the touch pad there a bank of volume leds

vdj cannot control these with out a native mapper

Posté Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 4:01 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)