Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Impossible to play with core audio

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Heres a different one (as far as I can tell). I built a playlist for a B-Day party gig in Itunes. I imported my Itunes folders and analyzed this folder. There were a few that would not anylize. Looking deeper i found they would not play in VDJ. Message: Impossible to play with core audio If I go directly to the Itunes folder I can play the song in VDJ, just not from the virtual folder. This of course means I would have to search the songs out after opening the Virtual folder to play them. When I do this they work fine being played from the very Itunes folder that the virtual folder was created from. Strange.

Posté Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 10:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
are they from the itunes store?

Posté Sat 11 Aug 07 @ 10:17 pm
skyfxl wrote :
are they from the itunes store?

No, just mp3 rips like the others. They play when I pull the file from the Itunes folder or from external hard drive where they are originally stored, just not the virtual folder. Also others from the same folder of the ripped cd work. Makes no sense to me.

Posté Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 6:55 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've noticed this problem when using iTunes playlists as well and it has really puzzled me for a while. But looking into it over a period of time I think I've figured it out.
As you can tell when you look at the error message it's always listing the file path. And this is always wrong on the same spot on every track.
The letter &, which I always use for R&B or feat. "x" & "y" is always read as & #38; instead of just & in the file path. (Without the space in between.)This will clearly mess it up for VDJ in regards of loading the track.
The solution for me has been to drag the track directly from the directory and into ths virtual folder and then delete the non-working duplicate.
This is of course a lot of work so the Dev. Team should really have a look into fixing this. Shouldn't be to hard either.
Maybe we can count on an upgrade for the next release??

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 12:52 am
I just realized that when posting this that writing that combination & #38; without spaces creates just a &.
Maybe this is the source of the problem?? It seems that in "computer language" the & is made up of & #38;
At least this is what causes VDJ from reading the correct path, and it's also making it impossible for me to post that combination on this forum without putting a space in between...

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 12:56 am
Thanks k one, Your right on! My wife was looking over my shoulder while I was trying to figure it out and was asking about the & and #38. It had me baffled. I'm heading back to the mac now to try this out. I think you saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks, Kevin

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 2:06 am
k one- right on ... There was an & in the song title or the album title or the artist title. Your suggestion took care of it. Gotta love this forum and the help. Thanks again

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 2:31 am
I'm glad I could help you out!
But I would like to add that I would like to see this problem fixed A.S.A.P. Fixing this for a small amount of tracks before each gig is really no trouble at all. But let's say you have a playlist of several hundred tracks lined up for the night and most of them have to be re-worked; that's just to time consuming and not acceptable at all...

Posté Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 4:08 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)