Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

So what are the odds that native support will be added for this controller? Because lets face it... this controller wouldn't look nearly as cool without the LEDs functional.

Can we get any word from any of the VDJ guys that this is at least being attempted?

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:45 pm
CanSpoilU wrote :

Can we get any word from any of the VDJ guys that this is at least being attempted?

I'll give a word to Dev Team

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:38 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
dj-in-norway wrote :
I'll give a word to Dev Team

Thanks, Jason did as well.

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 10:16 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Double O wrote :
Thanks for the info DeeJay EL.

OO

You're welcome, OO.

Posté Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:01 pm
jpboggis wrote :
Denon DJ wrote :
Double O wrote :
Will your mapper allow us to convert the pitch slider into a volume fader with VDJ?

Its all up to VDJ to implement such features, but our HC4500 can do it.

My DMC-2 mapper plugin has this as an optional feature that can be enabled (It also allows the pitch slider to be moved to the correct position when switching between the two to prevent sudden 'jumps'.)

Don’t take this the wrong way but the DMC-2 is not on the same level as the DN-HC4500. In fact, the technology on the DMC2 is dated. It’s basically the controller for the Numark CDN-95. I expected Numark to come out with something that would truly set a “new mark” in the software controller market. Instead, we have old “Numark” techonolgy for software that continues to improve technologically. Touch sensitive jog wheels have been out for over several years now. Why would Numark regress technologically with the DMC-2 by using a platform that is at least four years old? Furthermore, we posted what was expected in a previous thread for Numark. Unfortunately, Numark didn’t provide us with what we requested.

Fortunately, we have a representative for the Denon Dev team here. Hopefully, he is given the assistance he needs to optimize VDJ with the DN-HC4500. This is an opportunity for many of us to use a controller that contains current technology. Since Denon has set the industry standard higher, it is only fitting that software that continues to set the same standards work flawlessly with this controller.

In conclusion, Numark good; however, Denon is better!

OO

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:15 am
I was hinting that I could port this function (Along with others such as scrolling text) across to the new Denon controller without too much difficulty, if I can get my hands on one :) and it is natively supported in VDJ so that user C++ device plugins can be created. I have already created advanced mapper plugins for both the DAC-3 and DMC-2 so far.

It's great news that Denon is bringing out a software controller. As far as one controller vs the other is concerned, both have their advantages and disadvantages:

The DMC-2 has a layout designed with VDJ/CUE in mind, including dedicated video crossfading buttons. It lacks touch-sensitive jogwheels and built in soundcard, but is ideal for non-scratch DJ's (E.g: Mobile.)

The Denon has touch-sensitive jogwheels (Big plus for scratch DJ's), built-in sound card and the ability to control a Denon dual CD player unit (I have a DN4500 CD player, so I would find this extremely useful.)

I would love to create a mapper plugin for the DN-HC4500.

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:55 am
@jpboggis

In my previous post, I was only explaining the importance of working with the Denon Dev Rep. How often does a DJ software company get the opportunity to work with one of the premier manufactures of DJ hardware? Not often. Consequently, I hope the VDJ Dev Team assists the Denon Dev Team with the mapper. Both companies would benefit from the endeavor.

Thanks for your response.

OO

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:09 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
guess you'll have to wait and see ;)

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:26 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

the controller looks AWESOME... so does the new prototype of the midi/cd hybrid deck..

Both hardware seems like perfect new hardware for VDJ users, and when out and working with VDJ, i'll put it on the hardware page
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

I'm sure LOTS of VDJ users will want one :)

I’m sure Denon will appreciate you advertising their hardware on this website. If VDJ and Denon work on this mapper together, maybe Denon might also consider including the trial version of VDJ 5 with the DN-HC4500. The trial version of Reflex last 30 days. Including the trial version of VDJ would give buyers of the controller an additional 20 days of use and the opportunity to experience using the best software on the planet. Numark did this with Total Control:

http://www.numark.com/totalcontrol

It comes with CUE LE (a.k.a VDJ) and Traktor LE “with premapped controls and overlay 'skins' for both applications.” Why Numark would include a competitor’s software with its own hardware and licensed version of VDJ is mystifying.

Anyway, it's just a thought….

OO

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:45 pm

Good thoughts 007 ;) and thread is forwarded to Atomix Production CEO

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:49 pm
jpboggis wrote :
The Denon has touch-sensitive jogwheels (Big plus for scratch DJ's), built-in sound card and the ability to control a Denon dual CD player unit (I have a DN4500 CD player, so I would find this extremely useful.)

Much more...

-Fader Start for each deck from Mixer

-X-Control from our X900/X500 Mixer (could do video/audio) crossfades

-Up to 3 HC4500’s can be used simultaneously on the same computer

-Our Touch Sensitive Jog Wheels has the highest pulse resolution on the market, but can be adjusted down to VDJ resolution

-Our Midi IN/OUT protocol will be open for the world to use as you wish (soon)

-Made in high quality Japan

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 8:25 pm

bootylicious :))) I want one + the prototype decks! those babies looks very promising, finally a scratch wheel that might work great!

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 8:29 pm
Double O wrote :
It comes with CUE LE (a.k.a VDJ) and Traktor LE “with premapped controls and overlay 'skins' for both applications.” Why Numark would include a competitor’s software with its own hardware and licensed version of VDJ is mystifying.

As we are all aware…they didn't develope CUE LE, so there's very little risk at stake if it doesn't work out for them.

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 8:31 pm
@Denon DJ

I understand your point. However, I have to assume Numark had to pay some kind of licensing fee for CUE LE (A.K.A. VDJ LE)—but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, from a marketing perspective, I can see why Numark would include CUE LE and Traktor LE with the Total Control. It's very enticing for potential customers to have two different DJ programs included with a controller. Consequently, this is why I suggested in my previous post that your company might consider doing the same with VDJ 5 and the DN-HC4500.

Let’s face it, Reflex is a promising product that remains fairly unknown to the mp3 DJing world. On the other hand, VDJ is a renown (it’s known as VDJ, CUE, and Virtual Vinyl) and proven product. Therefore, it would be financially advantageous for both companies and beneficial to customers if the soon to be DN-HC4500 mapped VDJ 5 (trial version) accompanied your controller. Furthermore, we all like choices. Given customers another choice with your product builds upon the higher standard already set by Denon.

As I stated before, “it's just a thought….”

OO

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 10:05 pm
Denon DJ wrote :

-Up to 3 HC4500’s can be used simultaneously on the same computer

-Our Touch Sensitive Jog Wheels has the highest pulse resolution on the market, but can be adjusted down to VDJ resolution

Starts salivating - not full on drooling - YET

Posté Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 10:44 pm
Double O wrote :
Let’s face it, Reflex is a promising product that remains fairly unknown to the mp3 DJing world.

Keep in mind that the Reflex developers have been around for over 10-years.
While the Reflex product may be new, it’s built with years of experience and some amazing new features 100% optimized through our very powerful HC4500 controller.

Ultimately what you wish to use with our powerful controller is really up to you. I have the HC4500 working with VDJ and Traktor as well by simple mapping.

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 12:39 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's just not fair. Just when I'd decided the Numark Total Control was the way to go (bu-bye mixer!! :D), Denon do this to me. I don't think I can live without the HD4500.

Or a pair of Numark iCDXs. :)

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:53 am
ok so how well the DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER working with tractor and vdj ? the led work ?

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 4:02 am
and when the controller will hit the market (European) and at which price range?

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 4:10 am
Denon DJ wrote :
Double O wrote :
Let’s face it, Reflex is a promising product that remains fairly unknown to the mp3 DJing world.

Keep in mind that the Reflex developers have been around for over 10-years.
While the Reflex product may be new, it’s built with years of experience and some amazing new features 100% optimized through our very powerful HC4500 controller.

I’m a former PCDJ user, and many other VDJ users are too. Consequently, I am very familiar with Jorgen’s work. It’s been a while since his last PCDJ program (RED) hit the market, which explains why many of us are here. ;) Since that time, other programs have been established in a market once dominated by PCDJ. Consequently, the name PCDJ doesn’t generate the same interest as it once did. However, I’m sure Reflex will be a good product because Jorgen is a good developer. Nevertheless, it will be the Denon name associated with Reflex that will generate interest in the software.

Although Reflex may have “some amazing new features 100% optimized through [your] very powerful HC4500 controller,” it doesn’t have one very important feature. This feature—video mixing—has now become an industry standard that was set by VDJ. Furthermore, VDJ has been optimized to perform with other popular controllers in the past. I’m sure it will also be optimized with the “powerful HC4500 controller.”

In closing, I’m looking forward to using VDJ 100% optimized with the HC4500—an awesome combination!

OO

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 1:36 pm
19%