Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Ripping music to my new mac

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey all! I am the proud new owner of a new 24 inch iMac and have just installed up VDJ. (still got my rack mount pc for gigging purposes though). I wanna know how best to rip my CDs to the imac is. I wanna do it through iTunes but shld i rip them as mp3 or that apple aacc thingy or one of the other options it gives you??? Ideally i would like to be able to record all my cds via itunes to my external hard drive so that i can transport them to wherever pc/mac/car stereo etc.

Any help much appreciated guys!

Thanks

Tommy b

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 8:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i recomend you rip it as mp3 for best compatablity in itunes as it will add correct tags for you

but ,
dissable on import options "include track number in file"

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 8:46 pm
iTunes, preferences, advanced---->click importing, import using mp3 encoder, custom 320 kbps.

There you go.

Hows the iMac by the way? Did you get the new model that just got released?

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 9:15 pm
Thanks guys.

Yeh I got the new one, been waiting a while for it to be released. It really is good, the screen is lovely, very glossy and bright. Nice and fast too. Taking a little bit of getting used to as it is my first mac, but already I much prefer it to my windows machine. It just seems to be a lot easier to use and took no time at all setting up unlike my sisters new vista pc which took ages!

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 9:36 pm
Yeah! The new one! Did you get any upgrades, Ram/Hardrive? I would love to get one and max it with 4gb ram and the tera hardrive!

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 9:46 pm
I got the 2.4 with the standard 320gb hd (i already have a 500bg external drive sitting in my draw so i figuered a waste of money to upgrade) but i got 2gb of ram in it. The dude at the apple store was like that is way overkill for what i want to do with it. It does look soooooooo sweet though. I can't believe there is actually a computer in it! Its so thin. Kind of a shame it is against my wall because the back is really sexy!

Posté Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 9:56 pm
In VDJ only the track names seem to come up and no artist names.

Any ideas??

Posté Wed 15 Aug 07 @ 12:05 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)