Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Turntables mess up with timecoded vinyls?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the Virtual DJ and not the Time Coded Vinyls or my Gemini turntables....

When i play the music, regardless of what is going on...the left plays fine, while the right will get 100% feedback from the timecoded Vinyls, but if you watch the Vinyl Image on the skin it tends to do its own back n forth scratch sounds randomly...its like the song is skipping and its ONLY the right side.

I've switched, needles, vinyls, turntables, regardless it always happens on the right side. I even had my left turntable plugged in as my right, same result....anyone have this before? I have a mixvibes soundcard and the timecoded Vinyls, everything was working fine for a week and now i cant play anything clearly, but if i turn the Timecoded option off the song plays fine.

Posté Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 11:10 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
so you have the u46mk2?

what config do you have on sound options?

Posté Thu 16 Aug 07 @ 11:15 pm
yes I have the u46mk2

Its all set 2

2 timecoded vinyls

external mixer (which i have set up)

and for sound i have Asio soundcard.....

It all used to work fine, till the right side of the virtual dj program started tweakin out when i wanna use the timecoded vinyls to scratch with my turntables.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 12:24 am
What version of VirtualDJ are you using?

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 1:01 am
4.1 i believe

I see one guy said he has his program stuttering after 4 hours, mine does it right off the bat. I just downloaded the demo and it works fine for now, but i dunno if it will do the same thing eventually...

see i bought this off my friend with the serial number....so it cant be cracked? i dont get it....

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 1:11 am
Perspolis wrote :
see i bought this off my friend with the serial number....so it cant be cracked? i dont get it....

licenses are non transferable and i believe you may have answered your own question in that your 4.1 messes up straight away but the demo is working fine.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 1:16 am
wtf damn it...lol sweet now all I need to do is turn like what i dunnoo...5 bucks into 300? heh....already spend enough on turntables, mixer, speakers n such....guess I got 1 more step to go....eventually.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 1:26 am
$300 my seem like an expensive fee for software but VirtualDJ is capable of everything that a hardware setup is and more. As a lot of the professionals are quick to remind, the software pays for itself after a gig or two. If you haven't done so already, check out the version 5 preview. There are a number of users on here (including myself) that started out with a cracked version of the software but then ended up buying it. As well as getting a legal version of the software, supporting the company (who have been extremely loyal and generous to its users giving us free major version updates) you also gain access to download skins, effects, samples etc from this website; these things really help with productivity and keeping your mixes creative.

The next version of VirtualDJ (which is a free update for users who bought the professional version of the software) has some incredible features such as being able to analyse the key of your music. This will allow even those of us not musically trained to seemlessly utilise harmonic mixing which is a great method to go alongside being able to beatmatch.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 1:35 am
yeah sounds pretty good andrew. It'll be a while, but I'll have to buy it if i wanna DJ any parties without being handicapped to 1 good working side of the turntables lol

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 1:57 am
Cracked versions of VDJ have a nasty habit of making life miserable for the user, perhaps intentionally...Who knows?

Your best bet is to make the investment. I know it sounds like a lot, but you absolutely WILL NOT regret it. Puts the "other guys" to shame, big time. As you already know, VDJ is extremely powerful and versatile kit ;)

I thought it was pricey, too. But then I started using it, testing it, finding things that I never would imagined it could do, mouth all agape, etc. Add those benefits to free upgrades and you've really got something wonderful!

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 7:49 pm
guys i just used the demo, and it still skipped on the right side

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 8:04 pm
Did it do the back and forward scratch sounds too? Skipping is a common problem if you have the performance settings and asio latency too low. Go into VirtualDJ's performance settings and set the slider to the second position and give it a go. If you're still getting skipping, try increasing your buffersize / latency in your sound cards control panel.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 8:09 pm
I think you need to uninstall, then use the registry cleaner tool to get rid of the crack, and reinstall the demo before you go any further. You can find it here.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 8:16 pm
OK THIS IS FREAKIN RIDICULOUS....I erased the cracks the registry and downloaded the brand new trial version....hooked up everything the same way as always with brand new Ortofon (spell check?) Pro5 needles...110.00 each. and now the timecoded vinyls read the music comes out the speakers....but the pitch keeps jumping and i cant stop it in one place...even when i lock it...and on the turntables its set at 0. it's doing this on both sides...now even in the middle its playing at a slow pitch for no damn reason. Is it the new needles? wouldnt make sense......I go to autoconfig my timecoded vinyls....and they pick up music but they sit at 0% anytime i autoconfig its almost useless. Im sick of the non-sense I have to go through to get this program to even work decently I was planning on buying the program this week but now im convinced its too much for me to handle...I really need help to make this work. I was better off when using the cracked version basically....not that i want too cuz that sucked too but im saying wow what the hell.....

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 1:49 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need to mute your inputs so it doesnt come out , the speakers in the windows sound control pannel or on the u46 software,

you need to set autolatency in performances , and set it to fastest , untick safe and overclock ,

you need to choose in sound options

inputs : timecodes ,
Card: Asio
Driver : u46dj

Note:
You may find the bad code remains until you do an os reinstall thats why we say cracks are bad they screw your system up , some times intentionaly so the provider of said cracks can spy on you.

the same goes for any software crack theres a reason why google isnt listing sites like that now or display a warning on them

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 1:47 pm
Assuming you're using the v5 demo, there may be a problem with auto-config in it. A few posters in General Discussion who have the full version cannot get more than a 0% signal with the autoconfig either. They've reported having to use auto-config in VirtualDJ v4.3 and then run v5 which will use those settings and report a normal signal. I myself couldn't get VirtualDJ v5 to pick up a signal without using external pre-amps, although your soundcard has these builtin so you won't be having the issue I did. Make sure that your soundcard is set to phono input and not line input. Try grounding your turntables to your soundcard too (if you cannot ground it to your computer) - although to be completely honest, I don't know what (if anything) this would do to help.

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:13 pm
Hey I just bought a new windows vista desktop and I can't seem to get it working with my external controllers (numark icdx). It tells me that the ASIO drive is not working or is not present, something of that sort. Only to find out that ASIO drives are not available to download for Vista. What are my options???

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 8:33 pm
sebastienboulos wrote :
Hey I just bought a new windows vista desktop and I can't seem to get it working with my external controllers (numark icdx). It tells me that the ASIO drive is not working or is not present, something of that sort. Only to find out that ASIO drives are not available to download for Vista. What are my options???

Please dont hijack someone elses thread, start your own:)

Posté Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 12:04 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)