Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Crashing while loading songs to Virtual Folders!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm sure this has been addressed before. I remember seeing posts about this in the past but has anything changed?

I am trying to create Playlists inside Virtual Vinyl (VDJ). I create a Virtual Folder and go through my database adding songs to the appropriate playlist. (usaully by BPM) Every so often my system freezes...Its very very very frustrating. Is there a fix for this? Is there another way to create crates/playlists?

Thanks in advance,
Charlie Five

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 1:15 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Wich is your HW config?
do you load very long tracks? dis you scan they previously?

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 3:24 am
I only load Videos. Yes, Every single video has been scanned. All are on an external HD.

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 5:25 am
OK, i play videos for the last 2 years and had this problem before...
first i recomend you to have the videos on local HD
second, review your graphic card config...som cards does not support well live video streaming and that majes vdj to crash.. for that .avi are better than .mpg (.avi mkore stable). I used to filter conflictive videoclips.
make sure your card has internal video decoder, if it decodes video via software, there's the problem for sure.
and better the vidoe card bus be 128bits than 64bits.
which is your video card?

Posté Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 11:03 pm
Yeah, this issue is INFURIATING.

C5 and I are both on MacBook Pro's djkike.

His has 256Mb's of VRam and mine is 128Mb.

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 12:28 am
dont get onlty on vram...my last vcard had 256mb vram but 64bit and no internal HW video decorer...it chrashed constantly
my actual vcard has only 128mb vram with 128 bit bus and hw video decoding and i have no crashes and plays video very smooth (much more than with old 256mb). Nvidia both.
i used to have before all this an old ATI with only 64mb ram with 256bit bus and ran even smoothly than my old 256mb vram card
so i insist, look at bus and internal hw decoder issue on you vcards...
i fight hard for months with video issues as i play live videos 3 times a week at the club...sometimes 6hour non-stop only video session....i really know how frustrating is to get freezed videos in the middle of the session or when smily recover advice from vdj appears... thanks to vdj teamers that have done a very good job on updates this happens no more to me for months...

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 12:37 am
Hey guys,

This thread would be more appropriately covered under (OS) technical support. This forum is not intended for troubleshooting. You'll probably get more answers in the correct forum :)

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 1:05 am
discjockeydoc wrote :
Hey guys,

This thread would be more appropriately covered under (OS) technical support. This forum is not intended for troubleshooting. You'll probably get more answers in the correct forum :)

Yeah, but it's a windows running on a Mac issue.

I suppose C5 can post this in both though, but should probably post it in the windows pc technical forum.

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 1:07 am
ConQuest wrote :
discjockeydoc wrote :
Hey guys,

Yeah, but it's a windows running on a Mac issue.

I suppose C5 can post this in both though, but should probably post it in the windows pc technical forum.

Ohhhh...I see. Maybe the MAC tech support forum then?

No insult intended, mind you...Just trying to help you get to the answer ;)

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 1:40 am
Im using a MAC but am running Windows XP natively via Bootcamp, so I am running Windows.

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 2:33 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Im using a MAC but am running Windows XP natively via Bootcamp, so I am running Windows.

OIC...Then your trouble is best suited for the "PC Version Technical Support" forum.

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 2:35 am
Yeah, well I guess its already here in general...

I swear I thought I read a while back that there was a problem with virtual folders. I just couldn't find it when I searched. This isn't a semi common thing? Its happening to me every 10-20 songs that I try to organize into Virtual Folders (crates). The program doesn't always shut down, most of the time it just locks up and I cannot load any other tracks. Then I have to exit out and restart the program.

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 9:14 pm
I've only had that happen once, and it happened to me during my radio test - lol.

I've never been able to duplicate it since. For some weddings I use up to four hard drives, 2 usb, & two internal (only need the 2 internal in the club) and switch back and forth between folders/hard drives quite a bit. Sometimes I rip cd's when I need to. VDJ usually pauses for a second or two (music keeps playing normally), thinks about what it needs to do and then compleates it's task.

It's strange.

Does it do it every time?

Since you are on a MAC and I know little about them, is your mac maxed out for Ram? They use integrated grafics so might a ram space issue.

Good luck

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 9:34 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
not trying to be rude marcel , but surely if you had a crash during your test they wouldnt have let you pass.

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 9:42 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :

OIC...Then your trouble is best suited for the "PC Version Technical Support" forum.

That's what I said. ;)

DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
..., is your mac maxed out for Ram? They use integrated grafics so might a ram space issue.

Good luck

Only the lower end "consumer" Macs (MacBook and Mac mini) use integrated graphics.

C5 is using the highest end MacBook Pro with 2Gb's of system ram and a dedicated 256Mb VRam graphics card, so it is not a ram issue.

This is either a VDJ windows application issue or a VDJ windows/windows OS conflict issue.

I'm leaning towards the former.

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 9:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
<moved to pc support forum>

Posté Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 9:45 pm
My first time using virtual folders and I'm experiencing the same crashing problems. I am also using a MacBook Pro with Bootcamp. Very frustrating! How about a REAL Mac version (it has been a LONG time coming). I'm tired of this Jerry-rig! In the meantime, if there's a fix for this, I'd like to know.

Posté Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 2:30 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please download the latest version if you are not running Revision 5. The Revision 4 release addressed the Virtual Folder issues. And this thread is from a time frame prior to the Revision 4 release.

Posté Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 4:58 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)