Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Sounds cards

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Help please...I am a total beginner with VDj and have a query about sounds cards. Currently I cannot get the output differentiated between headphones and main. so cannot use PFL ..VJD support advised me that I need a multi channel sound card. How do I know if my PC has got this...if not what do I need to buy .
thanks very much

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you need a 4.1 or greater soundcard

it has more than one ouput channel on the back

like this example

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:39 pm
Thanks very much ...so far so good my PC has a sound card with 6 output sockets on the back so I take it is as you have shown me in the diag.
but when I try all the config options in VJD I get the same sound coming out of the headphone & main channel which config option should i be using .
thanks again

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try

inputs : none
outputs : headphones
card: 4.1
Driver : your card name

channels 1/2 main 3/4 headphones

you can try changing the channels to use the outputs

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:58 pm
ok thanks ...ive got 2 options in the soundcard drop down either primary sound card or Realtek HD audio ouput I am selecting realtek. Then what do I select in VJD output channels ( master front Headphones rear etc) I have tried all combinations of the 6 sound card ports at the back of the machine and I seem to be getting the headphone output in each one

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:24 pm
Can anyyone give me any further advice on this please..I have been trying to configure it all day and have no idea what else to do
thanks

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 4:35 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Turbojet
you need to set your sound card in 4 or 5.1 channels mode to be able to use headphones option. Then set VDJ as Sky described and it should work. If you want separate outputs, select "External mixer" option instead of "Headphones".
Hope this helps
Regards

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 6:21 pm
Thanks Alf, firstly how do I set the sound card to 4.1 or 5.1 mode...at the moment if I set the config opt in VDJ to external mixer mode I get the LH and RH decks out of different channels rather than headphones and Main....any more thoughts ?

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:28 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm not 100% sure, but doesn't the soundcard have to be changed in windows in the control panel too?

If i remember, when i first set mine up the soundcard was set as stereo output and i had to change it in controlpanel>sounds.

Gary

Posté Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 9:12 pm
thanks Gary, OK so I need to change the sound card setting in control pannel I Know how to do that but I dont know what to set it to ..the various options are
no speakers
stereo headphones
desktop stereo speakers
laptop mono speakers
monitor stereo speakers
monitor stand speakers
monitor mounted speakers
keyboard stereo speakers
quadraphonic speakers
surround sounds
5.1 surround sound
7.1 home theatre
7.1 wide config

any pointers as to what i should be selecting ?

also when I plug the speakers or headphones in to various channels in the card I get a Realtek dialogue box pop up and this
asks me to select whoch config :Headphone, 2Ch speaker,4 Channel speaker ,6 channel speaker ,8 channel speaker

I am totally bemused !!
any more help very much appreciated please
thanks

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:17 am
djdugieHome userMember since 2007
i use an extermal 5.1 soundcard and im sure u want to select quadraphonic speakers

Posté Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 5:54 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)