Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet can't play avi files in vdj

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have some avi files that won't load (or laod with an error) into either deck. However, those same avi files play in windows media player. I tried changing the decoder from video decoder to wmp video decoder but neither worked. These avi files were some of the downloded loops and played okay in the clipbank.

What am I doing wrong and why can't I get avi files to play in my VDJ?

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 6:07 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:07 am
do i have to get rid of all the other packs i have in there or just click on this and go.

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:14 pm
installed where it said to didn't work?

Now what?

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:18 pm
on options , on the codec tab , what is .avi set to decode with?

what codecs apear in the list ?

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:19 pm
WMP video decoder, was "video decoder". That didn't werk either.

Others in list are: zip decoder, wmp video decoder, video decoder, ogc decoder, etc. etc.
Should many other video decoders be in there?

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:20 pm
or DIOES IT make a deifference that other avi packs may be installed previously?

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:21 pm
try try the divx codec of ffdshow

as the decoder

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:27 pm
How?

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:43 pm
try to select them in the list

of codecs so

.avi --> divx and try ffdshow too

as these both are avi codecs

Posté Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:51 pm
They are not in the list sky, how do I get them in there.
maybe that's the problem?

Posté Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Videos will not play in the VDJ decks if there is no audio. Are you getting ERROR when you try to load them? That is why, there is no audio to process.

Posté Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 6:12 am
Great explanantion and thanx, cstoll.

Also, referring to sky's previous post about other codecs existing in the VDJ codecs tab, are they supposed to find themselves there , or are we supposed to put codecs in there somehow, or do we just simply double click the codec pack zips and stop right there.

I'm really weak on codec knowledge as it refers to VDJ, Please help?

Posté Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 9:01 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Video Codecs - (encoders/decoders) -- VirtualDJ does not natively (unless something change that I don't know of in V5) pick up these. There is a small collection that VDJ's Video Decoder is coded to handle. That is the reason for the Windows Media Player Video Decoder. If you have an obscure codec like I use - 3ivX (which really isn't obscure as it is more common in AVIs than DivX) - I need to use the Windows Media Player Video Decoder and install the 3ivX codec.

Now VDJ Codec tab - (bad name to use but draws the point) - this tab simple assigns a file extension type to a decoding engine. For video your choices are VDJ's Video Decoder and Windows Media Player Video Decoder. So if you find that VDJ will not process a certain file then that unique encoded format (codec) is probably not natively supported with the VDJ Video Decoder. The only option is to ensure the appropriate CODEC for that video type is installed to the machine and playable in Windows Media Player and now use that as the decoder for that extension type in the CODEC tab. Now the problem is where you have two different codecs for 1 extension type.

So lets say AVI using my codec 3ivX and DivX. Now I know there is a .divx extension but earlier DivX encoded files used AVI. Now VDJ does decode DivX using the VDJ Video Decoder. But as I mentioned I need to have Windows Media Player decode the 3ivX. So I have a choice, I can have WMP decode both DivX and 3ivX AVIs, or rename all the DivX files to a new extension like .divx and assign that in the Codec tab to VDJ Video Decoder and assign .avi to WMP Video Decoder.

Hope that helps....

Posté Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 3:50 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)