Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ 5?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Well it has been over a week...

will we be seeing virtual DJ 5 for mac soon? I have a gig coming up on September 8th. All I really need is full support for the Behringer BCD3000 by then. C'mon guys! :)

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
be realistic mac programing isnt a cake walk

its important its perfect and, not rushed

it will be available in the near future.

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:10 pm
haha :)

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:13 pm
its taken me over a week to have a basic, understaning the plugin sdk which is a tiny part of it

i dont envy the dev team :)

but i know they will do a great job and when its perfect it will be released

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:23 pm
do you know if they are incorporating support for the BCD3000 in the first 5.0 mac release?

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:25 pm
i dont know sorry , and i cant discuss details of future features till the release.

if somthing isnt supported natively it doesnt mean it wont work you just have to map it :)

the bcd3000 is supported mostly already in v4 x you can use the midi mapping posted , its for v5 but should be ok in 4
the only things which wont work , are the volume and other status leds ,

mapped file
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=3718

aslo check the wisdom of http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/juliocqb/

Julio's blog

hope that helps

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:33 pm
what do you mean by "volume"?

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 1:58 am

in this case some of the button status lights will not light up

i thought the bcd had volume meeters like on the xponent , but it apears not

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 10:01 am
Ryan2288-

You better just keep using VDJ 4.3 for now, because VDJ 5.0 Mac is gonna be at least a couple of more weeks:

Read here

Just an FYI. =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:23 pm
Corporate staff wrote :
Mac version will probably be released next week or the week after.

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:59 pm
That's great!

I also understand that the development team is working on adding support for the BCD3000, as I posted above. Is it a possibility that V5.0 for mac will include full support (unlike the PC version), or will we have to wait for another release, such as 5.1?

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 7:28 pm

That is all up to how much time Dev Team want to use before releasing the MAC version, but I think it will have to wait for 5.1 (soon to come), where Dev team is looking into a few new controllers.. :)

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 8:05 pm
I can't wait for the update for the Mac version of Virtual Vinyl comes out as if I were an 5 year old waiting for Christmas morning. Btw, I did my first mobile gig last night using Virtual Vinyl and it performed flawlessly. I was a little nervous because I had only ever used it an hour or two at a time at home, and I had never really put the software/Macbook through it's paces.

Posté Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 7:01 pm
Ryan2288 wrote :
Well it has been over a week...

will we be seeing virtual DJ 5 for mac soon? I have a gig coming up on September 8th. All I really need is full support for the Behringer BCD3000 by then. C'mon guys! :)

Over a week? You're kidding right. Don't be suprised if it takes a month or more to drop the Mac version. A week is simply misaligned expectations. Maybe a month is too but it's more realistic.

Posté Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 1:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)