Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCV/TCCD Setup Manual - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Not sure if this is the place to ask this but I am having issues getting my TCCD to work.

Firstly, what is the best interface to use? I have two sound cards/interface: Hercules MK2 and Creative Soundblaster ZS PCMCIA card.
I have no clue whether any of those are recommended. I did get the hercules to work a bit but the Timecode quality was still 0% however the track played. I was not able to to access any cue points from my cd players.

Not sure if I am totally in right field or if I am close.

Posté Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 9:59 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is ur cd decks? what version u using? n system spec?

Mk2 is the best bet if u have it as in a way it could also be ur controller as in selecting song etc.

Also did u follow the first page set up manual of this thread.

Posté Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 10:25 am
I am using 4.something (will have to check when I get home)

I have two denon dn-s-1000's and an x-100 mixer.

IBM thinkpad
Core Duo
XP Pro
1 Gig RAM

I followed the instructions on the front page but I fear that my physical connection may also be an issue. I followed the Serato model (which was the only thing I could find to follow) and plugged the output of the players into the mk2. then the output of the mk2 into the mixer. didn't work. the track just jumped back and forth. I then reversed everything and plugged the decks into the mixer and the mixer out to the mk2. the tracks played backwards. I clicked on the reverse function and that got the track playing properly but I still get 0% timecode quality and can't access any cues from the decks. Also, when I am trying to line up future tracks they don't play until I crossfade to them.

Thanks for your help.

Posté Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 10:45 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I strongly recomend u to use the latest legit demo to have a good solution. It's greatly improved from version 4xx.

With ur spec u could expect no problem using timecode.

How the waves look like? What ur setting. Post the image here. have u try both consumer n pro tccd which is available here for free. I should think urs should be the pro grade tccd.

Look here.

And also read this for set up with mk2.

Also if u have the herc mk2, do registered it here n also u could upgrade after u registered the djc edition to pro with a discount. Great news ain't it;)

Cheers.

Posté Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 11:11 am
I tried all of the above but still not working. When I go into the timecode config I get vertical lines in both windows. I do notice that when I reduce the gain the lines start turning into waves but I can't seem to reduce it enough. It makes me wonder if the volume of the timecode on the cd isn't too loud. I downloaded the pro version and had the same issue. I tried to reduce the track volume and reburn but the cd player doesn't read it. does anyone have any ideas?

Also, should I just scrap the hercules and get a MAYA44 or a U46? Or do you guys think the hercules is better?

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 10:35 am
hey..

so the testing is underway..

but the sudden stop is still there...

even if the cd is playing, i'll lose the signal and then i cant get back onto tccd..... tried pressing auto config, but it says asio error...

any reason why the asio on the herc panel should randomly switch back to wdm??

and it always happens after about half an hour of playing..

Posté Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 12:17 am
righto...

got the sudden stop issue fixed......just made sure to play off the cd player and made sure the cd never stopped unless i made...

goes to show that problems can be caused by human error, or at least fixable as such...

then i forced an asio error to see if i could fix it without having to restart..

just load the defaults on asio4all, and then enable herc again...all fixed..

but some thing bothers me now..

i use the dn4500s...

if i try to cue the song off the tccd, i have to cue it a little ahead of the split cue, or else it starts after the beat...

any reasons??

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posté Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 2:14 pm
nishyHome userMember since 2007
if i get a creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro will it work for tcv?

you know connecting 2 turntables with the timcode vinyl to mixer and then the
creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro sound card to work with virtual dj?

Posté Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 1:50 am
How come when i am using the demo and practice with the TCV set up the music will stop like its checking for the % of the tcv and then it will play again and then I will have a good mix going and then.. Boom it does it again and then i can see the tempo jump down and then it will go back to the previous level everytime this happens. What do i need to do to have a tight mix and not have cut off that will be embarrasing if i am at gig and got a mix going and the music pauses and stops and plays up again.

Thanks,

Posté Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 3:20 pm
I have the ZS platinum pro Audigy creative soundcard and I am trying to setup the hercules (old version) with Korg ER-1 and a Korg ES-1. I have to run optical out of the hercules into soundcard because of the way the sound is routed, and then the korgs are Y adaptered into the Line In RCAs. I do not know how to setup Midi with these, I am guessing that I run one from the korg, through another korg, into the hercules and then out of the hercules into the front panel of the computer into the soundcard?

Posté Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 11:38 am

I have Just downloaded VDJ 5.2 and I am now trying to use the timecode with my setup. I have read these forums up and down and I have had just about enough of VDJ. All I want to do is use my cd players with the Hercules MK2 as mixer and soundcard so i can scratch a little and do more dj style tricks that become to hard on the little wheels of the Hercules MK2. I use traktor scratch and oh, it just works. I use VDJ for the Video aspect and thought it was pretty revolutionary. I have downloaded the -10db timecode. I have tried editing it with a wave editor. I have read the guides to set up the Hercules MK2 the way everyone has said. I have set up the settings in config the way everyone has posted to have had luck. I have the latest driver for the Hercles MK2.

I am using Denon DNS-3500s. I would like to use the Hercules MK2 as my mixer so I don't have to drop a song on an external mixer then slide the crossfader of the MK2 for the video. I hope this is possible. I also have a set of cdj800s if someone thinks they work better. I have Technic 1200s but I don't want to drop anymore cash on a product I.E. for the vinyls, that has taken a few hundred bucks and I have to read for nights on end to get it to work. Am I just in a never ending money pit with this or am I over looking something so menial and easy? The thing I have noticed is when I open the Timecode Config it looks different then the one in all the guides posted. But not so different that I can't compare. I am at my wits end. Hopefully Someday there will be a VJ program that I can turn on and use Timecode with cd players andjust have it work as advertised without reading a novel and typing one as well. For what I have read in the past some has been helpful. So thanks to those who help to make this a worth while program.

Posté Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 4:38 pm
ksandhuHome userMember since 2008
What About the TCCD set up ?

Posté Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 11:04 pm
DAJ0PEHome userMember since 2008
(cross post)

guys, i have the setup correct i think, but i can "hear" the time code cd playing... how do i stop this?

Posté Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 9:06 pm
What does clear sound do? It completely doesn't work...

Posté Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 1:45 pm
daminaHome userMember since 2008
hi! i can get signal from my tccd,but i keep gettin a buzzing sound,it goes away when i unplug my laptop power supply but comes bck when i re-plug it,any ideas??

Posté Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 6:26 am
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
u need a ground loop isolator

Posté Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 8:36 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can try connecting ground from the turntables to the mixer and if that don't help, get Ground Loop isolator as suggested.

Posté Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 11:48 am
I am running the maya 44 usb soundcard and I am getting a little static and popping. How can I get the sound to clear up?

Posté Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 10:52 pm
b-robHome userMember since 2005
I am running the maya 44 usb soundcard and I am getting a little static and popping. How can I get the sound to clear up?

I get the same thing...what is this from?

Posté Fri 02 Jan 09 @ 8:03 pm
Hi,
Can you help me out?
I have just bought a djm800 and two cdj1000 mk3, how do i link vdj to these using tccd?

looking forward to getting up and running with my new equipment as soon as someone helps me out!

Best regards...
G.

Posté Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 9:18 am
75%