Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet BCD3000 & VirtualDJ Problem - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

tanzi wrote :
Quote :
It is well known and been published by Behringer that their drivers are flawed.

It's also very well known that only VDJ has all this problems with the BCD. Go and take a look at Traktor and you will see what i'm talking about
[quote]The MIDI capabilities of controlling VirtualDJ are fully supported.

As long as you like the Mappers suggestions. Try to map all of the BCD's buttons on you own and then tell us something about full MIDI support.

Bye tanzi[/quote]
Hi tazi...it's me again....:) i have something to tell you, in the beginin my feellings were that vdj has some problem with bcd2000 / 3000 but after some installs on differents machines (desktops and laptops) i got a conclussion now...It is not VDJ, is this bcd chip...let me explain....

i have installed vdj on my two computers laptop and desktop, my desktop is a HP with a p4 4.0 prossesor, and 2 gygas on RAM, and a poor video card (ATI RADEON with 128 in video ram) and bcd2000/3000 run GREAT but not with video, but asio mode sound card, controller but not micro...everything els runs great....Now in my lapto, i own a brand new HPdv9230, one of the lastest laptops in the market and bcd2000/3000 runs ok just as a controller nothing else...but i have installed one bcd2000 in one of my laptops friend and one bcd3000 on one of another desktop friend (all of them in vdj demos) and what is my sorprise...fucking laptop was a poor DELL with a movel centrino1.6 and 756 in ram...and BCD2000 worked front of my for more that 6 hours no crashes and i installed as a sound card so, ussing asio mode, TCCDs and everithing but no video, so i was surprised a lot.....mmmm then last week i isntalled another vdj demo, this time with a bcd3000 in a GATEWAY computer with a AMD turion, (do not remember capacity) and 2 gygas in RAM, and installed a a sound card and surprise...ran ok for more than 3 hours mixing videos in asio mode with out crashes....yes in asio mode....so i got a conclussion...it is not VDJ, is something with the chip on bcd2000/3000 but you may have a different opinion, but try installing bcd2000/3000 in a diferent machine and you will se the differebce...

Regards....and remember Peace...:)

Dj Quintana

Posté Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 4:09 pm
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Julio,
it's not that VDJ isn't working at all. It's running on my Laptop Amilo Pro v2000 without bigger problems with my BCD2000 (if i dont forget to switch WLAN off ;) )

The point is that we where promised full support and the Mic and analog In is still not working.
As far as i can see this will not happen in the near future.

This is why i'm using Traktor right now wich is much more flexible if you look at Midi and ASIO.

Bye Tanzi

Posté Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 12:52 am
The sound problems started with VDJ 4.0 . Prior to that the BCD2000 had no sound problems

Posté Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 11:44 am
I need some major help here. I just bought the BCD3000 I am used to VDJ4 without it, so I updated to 5 (apparently VDJ and BCD3000 only works with 5) Here's the thing the audio is crap trought the BCD. but sounds fine using my edirol FA-66 but the thing is I can't cue with my headphones on the BCD since there's no audio that goes trough. How can I get around that problem? by using the FA-66 masters out and phones and justy using the BCD as the controller? Another problem I'm having is how can I change the midi control values? deck 1 is almost fine, but deck 2 is a bit messed up. like the cue button gets the song to reverse and other knobs are not properly assigned. I used the manquin_dj for mapping.

Also VDJ5 sounds pretty bad just using my laptop internal sound card, as soon as I touch a knob or a slider the sounds craps out and breaks up.
I have a HP dv9000 AMD duo core 1.9gb running mediacentre.

Thanks

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 1:21 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
tanzi wrote :
This is why i'm using Traktor right now wich is much more flexible if you look at Midi and ASIO.

Bye Tanzi

Great Tanzi..I am glad you have found something that works for you! Since you have found a system that works so well for you why don't you go post on Traktors forum and stop posting on this one? Its obvious to all of us you hate VDJ so why continue to spread your hate here?

Peace

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 1:35 am
That's true tanzi if you have the software that gives you full support for your hardware why you go on posting bad things about vdj?, regards.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 1:55 am
It's not hate, it's not "bad things.
It's just the truth.
(i know sometimes the truth sounds a little nasty to someone who don't wanna hear it)

I am a customer who spend a lot of money because of Atomix promise to give full support to the BCD. Wich is in fact still not fulfilled.

I couldn't care less if it's Behringers fault or not.
It was Atomix who promised full support, not Behringer. So it's up to them to do their homework.
It's neither Behringers nor the users problem if Atomix gave this promise a little overhasty before even having touched a BCD on their own.

Atomix made this big mistake with the BCD2000 but instead of having learned anything out of this a very similar thing happend with the BCD3000.
I am not spreading any hate about Atomix, i am just saying: Go take a little closer look on the things Atomix says BEFORE buying a VDJ License.
Use the Demo, check it out with your hardware on you system and if it works 100% it's time to buy VDJ.
And do not give a damn about anything you are promised by Atomix what should work right now, or might work in future!

I said it long before:
VDJ is not bad at all. It has good features and it works very well on some systems.
Most users are able to run even VDJ <-> BCD together now (incl. me, thanks to this forum)
But come on Atomix:
Give us the last thing you promised but wich is still not working ->ASIO IN (wich means that analog-in & mic would work)

Bye Tanzi

Referring to Traktors forum:
Normally you come to a forum if you have problems and look for help.
As i said. My BCD is running very fine with Traktor so there is no need to post there ;)

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 2:53 am
Tanzi wrote :
The only money i wasted is the one for the VDJ-Licence.
Wich i never had done if Atomix had not announced full and native support for the BCD.

Looks like hate to me........

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 2:56 am
Looks like you need new glases to me then ;)
Try to read my whole posts and not only the things you'd like to.

Bye Tanzi

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 3:19 am
Is this a ranting forum?? ;)

I could use some help from some pros.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 5:00 am
tanzi wrote :
Looks like you need new glases to me then ;)
Try to read my whole posts and not only the things you'd like to.

Bye Tanzi

Here is an idea......why don't you post about something OTHER than your dislike of the way your BCD and VDJ work together. Every post you have is a complaint. Maybe then it would not look like you hate VDJ. BTW my eyesight is 20/15, I just wear the glasses because I look good in them.. ;-)~

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 5:09 am
frenchie29 wrote :
Is this a ranting forum?? ;)

I could use some help from some pros.

I am sorry the BCD2K and VDJ do not work together. Behringer admitted to a bad chip, it seems the problem has been carried on to the 3K.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 5:12 am
Is there a way I could bypass using the BCD soundcard and using my FA-66? So far it sounds great but I can't cue anything with headphones.

I really don't want to learn and use Traktor.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 5:15 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes there is

try this

inputs : none
ouputs : headphones
card : asio
driver : FA-66

and leave the console set as a controler

the problem with the bcd chip is that it causes it to conflict with other hardware on the machine try this guide to check if there is a conflict
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

it aslo explains how to resolve a conflict

hope that helps

Posté Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 1:05 pm
@TearEmUp
Quote :

Here is an idea......why don't you post about something OTHER than your dislike of the way your BCD and VDJ work together. Every post you have is a complaint. Maybe then it would not look like you hate VDJ. BTW my eyesight is 20/15, I just wear the glasses because I look good in them.. ;-)~

Heres another idea ... why dont you stop blaming Behringer for every little problem VDj has with the BCD and start accepting that there might be just a little chance that some of the problems are related to Atomix?!
Maybe then it would not look like you are in total untouchable love with VDJ.

Good for you that you have to wear your glasses only for style reasons. Meny people wear them to look more intelligent :=)
I dont need any glasses so i cant be more accurate about this.

Bye Tanzi

Posté Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 12:00 am
So Skyfxl with that setup I will be able to cue with the phones of the FA-66 or from the laptop's output?

Thanks

Posté Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 1:43 am
@tanzi

People from technical support of bcd3000 wrote the following, just read and analyse:

We have identified a compatibility issue which affects a small percentage of laptop computers equipped with Intel Dual Core (or Core-Duo) CPU and the Intel 82801 GB/GBM host controller chipset, with the Windows XP / SP2 operating system. This does not affect Mac OS-X, desktop PCs, or single-core laptops. This is a known issue and our engineers are urgently working on a solution. Please visit our product website regularly for up-to-date information.

In any case we recommend that you take the following steps :

> Ensure that Windows XP Service Pack 2 is installed

> In addition to SP2, we strongly recommend obtaining the following hotfixes from Microsoft (these refer to handling of USB data streams)
KB898108
KB908763
KB918005

be sure to get the correct language for your operating system !

> Contact technical support of the manufacturer of the laptop to request the latest system updates for your model. Install these (if available)

> Visit the Intel website to obtain and install the newest versions of their chipset drivers (where applicable)

> Eliminate other possible system conflicts by following the recommendations in the attached file "Config_Advice_new.pdf"

> Increase the latency setting to its maximum in the BCD3000 control panel

It is possible to continue using the BCD3000 - using any of the following workarounds :

> Using the freeware driver "ASIO4ALL" to handle the audio processes - retain the BCD3000 as the selected MIDI control surface.
you can download this driver from http://www.asio4all.com
This is limited to 2-channel output, and may suffer from increased latency times depending on the capabilities of the host computer.

> Using the onboard audio device as soundcard, retain the BCD3000 as the selected MIDI control surface.
This is usuallly limited to 2-channel operation, and does not necessarily provide automatic low-latency ASIO support.

> Using an alternative external ASIO soundcard, and retain the BCD3000 as the selected MIDI control surface.

> Selecting the "Direct Sound" driver option in the software audio preferences.
This is limited to 2 channel output and may suffer increased latency times depending on the capabilities of the host.

Posté Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 6:09 pm
So in fact.... for some people will have a great bcd2000/3000 midi controller, and for some a great midi controller plus a good soun card...The conclusion, everybody buy what he needs...if you need a better sound card go with a maya44usb or U46DJ or something else pffering Asio drivers, but if you need even just a controller go buy bcd200/3000 or hercules mk II or something similar, in fac...There is not a VDJ problem...if you llok into the djdecks forum or traktor forum ...they have a lot of issues too. so but in the other hand some of us are so lucky to get our equipment working very well (i am one of these :D) and now just a remainder BCD2000/ BCD3000 are a good working and cheap to work with...I mean they are work so good as a MKII or something similar as a midi controller, as a sound card with some computers works with some of them don't, but still a good controller for that price, now if you woulld like to spend more money for something else...just do it if bcd2000/3000 if not covering your feeling about mixing with a controller go and get your money back, but DO NOT TALK SHIT ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT because people get confuse..

I do not want to be in a no ending treath, but I just want to say my personal feelings about it...Love and peace for all...:)

Dj Quintana

Posté Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 8:08 pm
Nice things you are posting. This might be the truth but i think Atomix knew all this when they promised full support 2 years ago.
It is not Behringers fault nor is it mine if this promise was too overhasty.

Quote :
go and get your money back

Do you think Atomix will give me my money back?

Fact is i spend my money because of this promise so wheres my mic in ...... still waiting .....

Bye Tanzi

Posté Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 4:04 am
tanzi wrote :
This might be the truth

wheres my mic in ...... still waiting .....

It is the truth...so please stop....I for one am very tired of it.....and judging by the way others have voiced opinions I am not the only one......

So keep waiting.......

Posté Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 4:42 am
93%