Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet External soundcard for laptop - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hello there i have a problem, i bought an external soundcard creative i bought it just because i have a problem of listening the other music into headphone in one pad whie the other pad is playing...but stil doesnt work and i am using full version of virtual dj.
also what i did just to work the external soundcard i bought i cancelled the internal soundcard is it correct what i did.???

please i need help

Posté Sat 06 Sep 03 @ 11:38 am
to my man who want get the sound card get the maya usb and will show you how to set it up to get full stereo player A and player B, say no to mono!

Posté Sun 07 Sep 03 @ 8:30 pm
say no to mono! and yas stereo buy the maya usb and I will show you how to set it up to get full stereo for player A & B in vdj

Posté Sun 07 Sep 03 @ 8:34 pm
@ESAGUILERA, if your external sounddevice does not have Front & Rear outputs (4:1, 5:1 support) then you should not cancel your internal Soundcard.

Either way, I recommended that you use an external mixer (2 channel is ok). In the case of your Front/Rear device, connect the Front output to channel 1 on the mixer and Rear to Channel 2. Use the 4:1 configuration in virtualDJ and you will hear your headphone cue from channel 2 on the mixer.

In the case of using your internal soundcard, connect your external sounddevice output to channel 1 on the mixer and the output of your internal soundcard to channel 2. Choose one of the other VirtualDJ configs and you will hear your headphone cue from channel 2 on the mixer.

VirtualDJ has done an excellent job in auto-configuring the headphone Cue. Only the desk that is in focus shows up in the headphone and focus is automatic when a track is loaded. Well done VirtualDJ !!! Other softwares still don't get this point.

Posté Sun 07 Sep 03 @ 11:37 pm
I find that some systems somehow aren't "powrfull enough" with my internal sound card. I find that i don't get enough power into the mixer. I turn up the gain on the master yet, recieve distortion.

Since ive been using an Extigy , i've been able to feed enough into the mixer.

Posté Mon 08 Sep 03 @ 8:25 pm
yes get the maya usb sound card and will I show how to set it up so you can get full stereo for play A&B,say no to mono guys it's like living your car home and walking 50 miles to work every day,I can't belive there are guys supporting mono 2003 please!

Posté Tue 09 Sep 03 @ 8:24 pm
USB has too much latency

try this...

Echo Audio Indigo DJ
4 line outs
volume control
Cardbus interface
low latency
http://www.echoaudio.com

Posté Tue 09 Sep 03 @ 11:56 pm
kabensaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
echoaudio is an excellent product
You should add some other specification like :

• Réponse en Fréquence :
10 Hz-22 kHz, ±0.5 dB
• Gamme Dynamique: 111 dBA
• THD+n : 0.003%, -3dBFS

In my opinion this audio cart is one of the best in market at the moment for laptop
It's simply a real professional audio cart

Posté Wed 10 Sep 03 @ 11:24 am

Posté Wed 10 Sep 03 @ 11:34 am

Posté Wed 10 Sep 03 @ 12:05 pm
I bought one! Hasn't arrived yet. They are Brand new and echo is still manufacturing them. about 2 week I will know if they work with VDJ

Posté Wed 10 Sep 03 @ 1:57 pm
Great let us known WirelessDJ

Posté Wed 10 Sep 03 @ 5:04 pm
dijijoc-Mele

hello there i would like to thank you for your great help to me thanks a lot i will try you advice thanks a lot...

ciao
esaguilera

Posté Sat 13 Sep 03 @ 8:38 am
lsearsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Today I've invested in a Maya-44 USB soundcard, having read other VDJ users reviews regarding laptops and external soundcards.
Now I fallen into the trap of not being able to configure the USB soundcard card to use the 2nd output for monitoring.
I've installed the provided drivers and have configured VDJ in to use 2 cards, but I can't seem to activate dual outputs on the maya.
Is there a clever bod out there who's got it to work ?

Setup :

P3 400MHz laptop running W2K with external Maya-44 USB soundcard with VDJ 1.8 - only 1 of the 2 stereo outputs are working according to the LED's.

Posté Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 1:27 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)