Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet its happened again :(

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

rossyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
after many attemps of installing different versions of VD i went for a clean install of XP
and all seemed well at my gig last night then 10 minutes into it my USB soundcard this time started crackeling

i ended up using the internal soundcard all night and using the usb for headphones

why do i keep getting this problem i have Hi spec Samsung R40 Laptop?

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 10:03 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
which versions did you try ?

what is your laptops specifications?

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 11:56 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
what usb soudcard, what drivers ? latency ? performance settings ?

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 12:38 pm
apopsis wrote :
what usb soudcard, what drivers ? latency ? performance settings ?

Got to agree and add are the usbs power settings set to shut off at XX amount of minutes?? Control Panel/System/Device Manager find your usb port and right click/properties/power management and make sure the box that says trun off to save power is unchecked. Check all usbs on the system this way

Performance settings Control Panel/System/Advanced/ under performance click settings, visual effects make sure it is set for best performance.

I would also check and make sure that you have screensaver disabled as well as the power settings, these need to all be to never.

Posté Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 11:58 am
what are your laptops specs? high doesn't mean anything to me.

the most important part is Ram and then how low is your latency set at..

too low with not enough Ram will cause these sounds

I'm sure if you play around with the latency option raising it to about 512 or higher the crackling will stop

Posté Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 4:21 pm
might try a differant usb port that one might be sharing an irq or something

Posté Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 12:49 am
jjhessHome userMember since 2007
GIGAport Ag @ 100 to 150 dollars I've used it for many years never.... have any sound problems

Posté Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 3:35 pm
Your usb soundcard... are you using an external power supply to power it or are you just using the power from the connected USB lead?

Get an external power supply for you usb sound card and your crackling problems will go.

Posté Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 10:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)