Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Plug-In for Denon DN-HC4500 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

adj2PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't know if this has been released or will be released (but I searched). But it hit me if I switched from my DAC-3 to a HC4500 I'd need important alittle file. Is it available yet?

Kevin

Posté Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 5:40 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
there is native support in 5.04 cue

Posté Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 12:09 pm
I will be doing a custom mapper for the Denon HC4500 once i get hold of one (Not available in the UK until the end of the month at the earliest.)

Posté Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 7:14 pm
If it helps... I have one, got it from ELECTROVISION, who supply most of the Disco shops and installers in the UK. They are still in stock as they didn't (on Tuesday) appear on the reps stock sheet !! I got mine yesterday, only problem for me is that the reflex software on it is very very very basic (not even a library or search... just one large list of tracks!!) and I don't think PCDJ will be releasing Relex in full any time soon. In fact its been over 8 months and no news, to me, is most certainly BAD news !!

If I was to purchase VDJ, when would you think the mapping would be available?

Incidently if you need me to get hold of a controller please email me. ( I work for a sound and lighting company)

On the subject of PCDJ, it has be rumoured that their Video software is actually your's re-skinned.... is this true?

Posté Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 3:38 pm
The mapper should be finished later this month if all goes well. I've already started work on coding it, although I don't have the controller yet.

You can use the Denon now with VDJ - It will work fine with MIDI mapping, but you won't get working lights/displays. There is also native support, but that's not finished yet and may not work correctly.

Posté Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 8:02 pm
marloh1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,
it is correct. It is nativ support and don´t work correctly. I have the controller since one day. The VDJ hangs after a few seconds. When I switch off the controller, VDJ works again. We urgently need a realy working mapper.

Greetings @all
marloh1

Posté Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 1:40 am
Yes , there are some issues to improve like cue-stop and the inverted pitch .

Posté Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 2:54 am
So, is there a saleable product (i.e. ready for market product) that I can use next weekend with my denon dn hc4500, or am I putting it away and going back to something not as pleasant (Dac 3 and FX)??

I want to buy, but I want something that will work !! I have been looking at the PCDJ US forums, and it is apparent that they are some months from release?!

Posté Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 9:22 pm
pcdj is the software that comes with the denon but has the same problems, although vdj is fully functional if you map it via midi, it works fine.

Posté Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 6:34 pm
I've just placed an order for a Denon DN-HC4500 today, so I should have one tomorrow to play with. :)

Posté Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 6:48 pm
@jpboggis

Are you planning to make a mapper via midi or something like hercules mk2 dj cel's mapper?

Posté Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 6:51 pm
It will be a plugin DLL using the VDJ SDK, similar to the DAC-3 and DMC-2 mappers that I have already done. Similar to these two mappers, it will also have user parameters to allow various features to be customised. It will also have different modes to allow effects, video effects/transitions, samples, etc. to be triggered directly from the controller.

Posté Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 7:13 pm
With your mapper you think is possible to attach it to a midi mixer and use the crossfader for linking audio and video from vdj?

Posté Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 7:23 pm
Behind the scenes, the HC4500 is still using MIDI for it's communication with VDJ (It doesn't work with any other protocol), so I'm not sure whether you will be able to use another MIDI controller at the same time. However, a Denon mixer with X-Control should work. I won't be able to test this though because I don't own a compatible mixer.

Also, the mapper will include the automatic video crossfading features as found in my other mappers.

Posté Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 8:10 pm
I test it with a denon midi mixer dn-x500 and although the fader is midi it only starts deck1 and stops deck2 or viceversa; vdj recognize the fader as midi but I have no luck when linking the fader for audio and video. What's the way your mapper works? you mean that when I mix from deck1 to deck2 the video fader will make the change automatically without the neccessity of a midi mixer?

Posté Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 6:36 pm
Were you using the mixer stand-alone MIDI, or linked up with the Denon HC4500 using X-Control? I would have expected the crossfader to send a CC value with the number indicating the crossfader position (E.g: 0 = Left ...To... 127 = Right.) The technical section in Denon HC4500 manual seems to suggest this is the case.

It's possible that you may have mapped fader start rather than the crossfader.

The automatic video crossfading will work typically as follows:

• Holding a button (E.g: FLIP) and pressing PLAY would start a deck playing and automatically crossfade to it.

• In video mode, pressing << or >> would crossfade left/right.

• Holding down a button and turning the jogwheel would manually video crossfade left/right.

Posté Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 6:47 pm
I linked the controller to the mixer using fader1 & 2 and the x-control although vdj recognize the fader as midi it doesn't accept any function of vdj.

Posté Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 6:58 pm
I've actually got a HC4500 now - I take it you have connected 3 cables from the mixer to the HC4500? (I.e: Fader 1, Fader 2 and X Control?)

Have you enabled X Control - It looks like you need to do this from the controller - Hold MEMO then use the param knob to choose X Control. Press the param knob to enable, press MEMO to exit preset mode.

Posté Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 8:55 pm
I connected the 3 , So by doing this the mixer's fader accepts any vdj midi command?

Posté Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 5:50 pm
You will probably need to enable the X-Control option in the Denon HC4500 presets (See above) for it to work.

Once enabled, the Denon HC4500 should receive the signal from the crossfader and then turn it into a MIDI CC with a value of 0 - 127 to indicate the position (From what I can determine from the Denon HC4500 manual - I don't have a compatible mixer to try it myself.)

The fader starts should cause the Denon HC4500 to send its MIDI notes for PLAY / CUE appropriately to start/stop playback.

Posté Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 6:34 pm
22%