Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet help with purchasing decisions

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am reposting this topic in this forum....thanks

Hello all!

Thanks in advance for the time you all spend on replying to posts and offering your insight and wisdom to the beginners who are just starting out.

I have a few basic questions which the answers will influence where my hard earned cash is spent.

I have been thoroughly enjoying using virtual DJ 4.3 with my Power g4 laptop. (1.67 GHZ, 1.5 GB DDRAM), Tiger 10.4.10)

I use the software with an external numark mixer and a M - Audio firewire interface.

I have just been given some pretty decent turntables from a friend who is moving overseas... Therefore I am considering buying virtual vinyl along with Cue.

Here are my questions,

1) Does Version 5 of VD run on a power book with my specs or do I need a new computer..ie (duo core macbook pro)

2) Does the Numark interface take the place of my M-audio (which I can still return) Basically, it is important for me to still be able to play the software with an external mixer the same way I do know using the Numark hardware in replace of the M-Audio without the time code records. I need to know if the Numark harware is an audio interface with built in soundcard...I will be using it with out time code directly from the application and through an external mixer to my amp.

3) Is this a good time to buy this hardware/software or are there new hardware components to be released in the near future in which I should wait for? I have noticed two different numark virtaul vinyl interfaces online...one Black and one in a whitish color. Which is the newer? differences?

Any help in direction would be very greatly appreciated...

Great fully,

Posté Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 3:59 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi
you should use the mac forum for these questions
v5 mac will come out soon

the numark vv is a soundcard , and timecode solution it includes Full Cue ,

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualvinyl.html

i belive it is now black the silver ones where prototypes

hope to see you as a pro user soon :)

Posté Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 5:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)