Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 'Popping' but only when using timecodes

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

milesbCUE userMember since 2007
I’m a pro DJ with over 20 years experience and I’m looking to use Virual Vinyl in various large venues Via CDJ’s or Twin Denon CD players.

I finally bought VV a couple of weeks back along with a new laptop. All my peers use Serato but I prefer the layout/features in VV – I hope I haven’t done the wrong thing! I sincerely hope I can resolve the issues I’m having – Numark have not even replied to my email so far (sent 10 days ago).

I’m getting ‘popping’ or I presume they are dropouts (it sounds similar to digital radio breaking up) but only when I use the timecodes. I can rectify this by adjusting the ‘tc up’ and ‘tc down’ settings but then the timecodes don’t function correctly i.e. play and cue have no effect. I have trawled theses forums and found similar noise issues but not the exact problem. I have of course tried all the things and adjustments to reduce cpu load etc but they are almost certainly not the cause.

Import things to note are:

VV works flawlessly via the on board sound or via the VV i/o box (as long as I don’t use timecodes)
I have tried this with CDJ’s and two different Denon machines using the original VV TC discs
I am not using this for video it disabled.
Laptop is Acer Dual 1.9Ghz with 2GB RAM running Vista and latest version of VV.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Posté Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 2:27 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 9:13 pm
thanks for that, i'd already checked the latency and there was no problem there and I couldn't see any issues in the IRQs on the first look although i'll definately check again. You did however point me to something that had escaped me so far which was using the timecodes with lower levels.. something i'll be checking tomorrow along with the settings you suggested.

Posté Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 12:31 am
Just for reference for anyone else: It seems it was the timecode loudness problem. So its sorted and i'm now ready to play out with VV for the first time. Fingers crossed!!

I think its strange they don't make all the cd's lower in volume as you can boost it up with the software anyway....just a thought.

Posté Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 12:42 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)