Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Clip bank causing a crash (SOLVED)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am running revision 5 on 2 laptops.
One with XP one with vista. The vista laptop runs the clip bank without any trouble. The XP laptop not so good.
It started with me clicking the activate the tab without a clip loaded into any of the banks. The software froze. Couldn't even CTRL,ALT,DEL.
I had to shut the laptop down and reboot. Once it restarted i tried it again just to make sure it wasn't a one time thing and sure enough, had to re-start the laptop. I then loaded a few clips into the bank which played fine, however i shut the program down and restarted only to find that all the boxes in the clip bank read "Empty" but when i clicked activate the clips i had loaded previously played (Even thought the bank read empty)

Is this normal or a possible new bug ? I can't remember but if im not mistaken in 5.0 - 5.4 the clip bank did not have a activate button, one simply clicked on the bank we wanted and it would activate.
Any help would be great,.

Thanks, Alex.

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 12:25 am

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 11:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 12:56 pm
Thanks, i'll try both one at a time and post the results.
Just out of curiosity doesn't revision 5 come with the new version of the clip bank ?

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 8:45 pm
So far the direct X upgrade did not work. I'll try the clip bank in a minute.

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 9:15 pm
So i downloaded and re-installed the new clip bank and had the same results, however i was a bit more patient and let the crash take it's course. Five minutes later my screen went down to like a 4 bit resolution setting and the following message popped up

WINDOWS - DISPLAY DRIVER STOPPED RESPONDING

The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. Save
your work and reboot the system to restore full display
functionality. The next time you reboot your machine a dialog will be
displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to microsoft.

Any ideas ?

FYI - After i posted this message i downloaded the old clip bank and tried it and it worked fine. Maybe it's something within the new plug in.

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 9:42 pm

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 10:02 pm
No thank god, not dell. It's actually a Toshiba satellite. I'm not stressing it because it's my back up. What's got me puzzled is why it worked previous to revision 5 and the old clip bank still works, so my next question is how do i uninstall the new clip bank so that i can continue using the old one.

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 10:25 pm
Just go into My Documents/Virtual Dj/Plugins/Video Effects and delete the clipbank.dll files (I actually got rid of anything that said clipbank in there and go to the downloads section and click on video effects the old one is in there:)

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 11:36 pm
Thanks Discobrian. I actually kinda fixed it. I updated my drivers and voila.

Thanks to all for your help.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 12:58 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)