Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet [UNLOCKED - UNRESOLVED] Please Help - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I got VDJ to fool around with midi MAPed for my 4500. I added the the external hardrive to the search data base but it still wil not find any songs when i try to use the seach fucntion. I dont understand. Can omeone please help me out. I took VDJ out on a gig today with the 4500 midi mapped and it worked well i just could not get the search to work so it wasnt goodl. Also when you open up a folder the Artitsts names are not there just the track title. Please help i got another gig today and need the help. I am using VDJ 4 rev 13 im not using the new beta. The other thing is that the search does work if your in one folder. But it will not search the entire drive. I dont get it. Not having the artists names is a real problem. HELP!!! someone rescue me

Posté Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 10:07 pm
AHH, man the Events in 2 Hours lol Any one?

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 12:22 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
are you getting any music listed at all ?

or just a particular type of file

check if you have excluded music by clicking the second dot on search area

and tick the music box

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 1:14 am
By the way

My drive is under FAt32,
I tryed the recourse thing, and i tryed also to renew the permisions on the drive but it wont let me. the button is not highlighted

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 1:15 am
automagp68 wrote :
AHH, man the Events in 2 Hours lol Any one?

I'll give you the answer... in 3 hours. =P

Just do what sky said. I'm not familiar with the issue or how to resolve it unfortunately.

Good luck! =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 1:36 am
There is no second dot next to the search. ITs 4.3. - rev 13 not vdj 5

I dont think the 4.3 is spose to have a dot cuz mine does not. I can see the titles of songs just not the artists. I thought it might be a font issue but the font is white already and i can se the track titles. And it will only seach a folder when im in it i cant get it to search the entire drive. Is there a way to make that little dot appear? Im diein here

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 1:53 am
I just sent a PM to "sky" to see if he'll come back on here and help you further.

I honestly never even messed with 4.3 Mac because it was under developed, so I have no idea what is or isn't supposed to be there or even what was there.

I'm sure sky will be back shortly. He's logged in but he's been idle for 17 minutes.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 2:09 am
Thanks so much.
I mean i can go download MAc 5.0 Beta 3 But is it gig worthy yet?

Not that it doesn't look like it's gig worthy, I just would never advise using an un-tested (by you) set-up at a paying gig.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 2:49 am
Not that it doesn't look like it's gig worthy (5 beta3 is FAR better in it's current state than 4.3 IMO), I just would NEVER advise using an un-tested (by YOU) set-up at a paying gig.

Use the beta at your own risk.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 3:01 am
i would suggest you check your file types are all in place in options > codecs

if they are not in the codec list vdj wont see them ,

i would use beta 3 of 5.05 because

it is more stable than 4.3 even though it is a beta and it has a vastly superior search engine

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 12:18 pm
hkd987PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I used vs 5 beta 3 for a school dance last night and it performed perfect.

There worst part was when I blew my bbe and my right side speakers went out, but virtual dj was doing good

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 3:49 pm
Do i just get the 5.05 as you suggested from my download center?

And what do you mean check my file types, please explain

I had the trial of VDJ 5 on my PC with my external connected and it saw all the songs, no problem. with the artists and everything

Im really worried about install Beta 3

i just dont want it crashing in the middle of the bride and grooms first dance!
That would suck. Im sorry to hear about your BBE
That sucks

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 5:23 pm
ok for example if you want to play wav check that that apears in the codec list options > codecs

i would get 5 beta 3 its almost perfect now the only current problem with it is that native bcd support is a bit flakey (work in progress)

and that older macs may strugle with mp4 video on older macs

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 6:16 pm
So there arnt really any issues with it crashing?

Why would the codecs be an issues because the Songs are all there and play, the Artists names just dont come up?

Also
How is the native coming for the 4500 on the MAC?
Just because you were saying that beta 3 is nearly perfect?

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 6:32 pm
some times they can be left out on 4.3 it ,

im not sure i dont have one , from what i have read all that is left is the jogs on it

give it a try if you can all feedbacks is valued :)

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 6:44 pm
Ok

so i should just get Beta 3 and go for it.

So not having the codecs will let the song play, but i wont have artists titles?

Where can i get the codecs if that is the case?

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 7:37 pm
it wont play or show up right in the browser if they arnt there

you will aslo find the titles are aslo improved in V5 because of the new id3 support

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 8:18 pm
Hmmm
May that is the key

I guess ill ahve to try it. But if it has problems i can always go back to 4.3 right?

Posté Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 2:25 am
yes you can indeed :)

Posté Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 9:09 am
Is there a way to solve this issue with 4.3

Posté Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 2:00 am
44%