Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet [RESOLVED] Macbook pro 1.83 video freezing help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just bought Virtual Vinyl today so I can do time coding with my Mac and its good but it glitches when I'm in the middle of a mix. From what I can see here from the forum is that maybe
my computer isn't powerful enough. Boot camp is already installed on my computer and I'm gonna test it out tomorrow and hope it works better. Any advice would be great.
Oh my specs are Macbook Pro 1.83 2 gigs of ram (thats maxed out) 15" graphics card aty, radeonx1600 128 mb

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 8:11 am
Those are the same exact specs as my MacBook.

I run VirtuaDJ and/or Virtual Vinyl for 6 hours straight on Friday nights and haven't had a freeze, crash, or anything.

Also, I run the VV timecode with the VV soundcard and haven't adjusted any settings other than the pitch sensitivity in the Timecode config section to 2000ms and uncheck "clear sound" on both decks in order to resolve a pitch-slider jumping issue.

What are your video file types that are freezing?

That may be the first step to narrow down the search for a resolution to your issue.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:24 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 11:52 am
Yeah I'm using the latest version and that's what I'm having the problems with. I'll try changing my setting to and see if that helps. Also I'm using really big AVI files like a gig each should I
be using smaller ones?

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 8:56 pm
how large?

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:02 pm
About a gig each

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:10 pm
Yeah I just tried using the smaller one I have with the PC that was not working at all before and it worked great. I guess I just have to make sure they are smallers then a gb each Lol

I'm gonna try a vob file next.

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:16 pm
Conquest, What type of files are you using? Are they clear looking or are they low res?

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:27 pm
wow , u may need more ram if you want to load files that large

or try encoding to a compressed format

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:45 pm
Lol yeah my boy told me that I needed to use the ones we have already compressed not my original files Lol It's all looking good now. thx for the help everyone I'm sure I'll need more of
it.

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 10:11 pm
is your mac an intel or ppc?

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 10:22 pm
It's an intel

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 10:28 pm
best advice is get serato & wait for the vdj platform on mac to develop & enjoy the best of both worlds because serato will have a video plug in soon.

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 2:21 am
krisdjsteel wrote :
Conquest, What type of files are you using? Are they clear looking or are they low res?

I have videos in several formats, but my largest are .vobs. However, I don't have any that are near a gig in size.

Individual .vob files are generally anywhere from 150-300Mb's. The largest video file I have is a 4 video continuous breakmix and even that is less than 600Mb's.

skyfxl wrote :
is your mac an intel or ppc?
'

He said in his inital post that he has a MacBook Pro. MacBook Pro's only have Intel processors. PowerBooks were PPC based and have been replaced by MacBook Pros since January of 2006.

djallstyle wrote :
best advice is get serato & wait for the vdj platform on mac to develop & enjoy the best of both worlds because serato will have a video plug in soon.

I had several SSL users try out my VDJ set-up with timecode vinyls last weekend.

Now they're all just waiting for VDJ Mac to be finalized and released to switch over to VDJ.

MANY more benefits and customizability for VDJ than SSL.

There's NO advantage to SSL over VDJ/VV, it's the exact opposite.

The first gen of the SSL video plug-in (that they'll have to pay separately for) will be slop anyway compared to Atomix's years of experience in the video handling field.

The ONLY advantage that SSL had over VirtualDJ / Virtual Vinyl, was their timecode handling.

That's no longer the case.

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 6:29 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)