Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Using Imac and Virtual DJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

dom1410PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I currently have a VJ system consisting of Edirol, Pioneer DJM-800 and 2 DVJ-X1's and am possibly considering getting a IMAC and start toying with going Virtual DJ. I'm not going to purchase until Virtual DJ is stable on MAC product though. I understand VDJ is in Beta testing right now, is there any time frame (Won't hold it to ya). Where VDJ will be a consistent and stable VJ platform for IMAC product?

Posté Sat 15 Dec 07 @ 1:35 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
there is a working mac version released currently 4.3

and there is a V5 comming very soon

the beta is very stable at the moment there are only a few things missing like full dac3 support

beta 4 is comming out very soon and if this goes well i assume a release soon after hopefuly

i hope to see you with us as a pro user soon.

Posté Sat 15 Dec 07 @ 5:30 pm
You also have the option to do what several of us have been doing for awhile now (over a year and a half for me), which is to purchase VirtualDJ Pro for windows (I know you said you want to wait, but I'm telling you this because you might not be aware) which has a full featured, finalized version and throw windows on your Intel based Mac for now and run it that way 100% natively.

That purchase will allow you to also download the current finalized VirtualDJ 4.3 Mac version as well as the current beta 3 version (beta 4 coming soon as sky has noted) of VirtualDJ 5 Mac and the final VirtualDJ 5 Mac release when it is available. That way you can start familiarizing yourself with VirtualDJ and it's huge amount of features sooner and be that much more prepared when the final VirtualDJ 5 Mac version comes out.

All I really use windows for on my MacBook Pro is VirtualDJ and I'll probably through a party when the day comes that I can dump it and give that hard drive space back to my Mac. I might end up keeping it just for the occasional windows game and/or processor/graphics intensive windows only application though... just because I can have both with an Intel Mac. ;)

Just an FYI for your consideration and as sky said, we hope to see you as a VirtualDJ Pro user soon AND welcome to the Mac community dom1410! =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posté Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 7:14 am
I might take a stab at 4.3. I'm just not a big fan of buying software or hardware and being excited to use it for the first time and being disappointed. Plus, I'm not familiar with Apple products which makes me even more timid. Although, I have been told by everyone that has switched from PC to Mac said I'll never go back!

Posté Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 12:47 pm
Wow, I just stopped at my local Apple store and took a look at the 24" Imac. I think this is the one I'm going to pick up.

Posté Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 8:20 pm
If you get the 24" go with the Tera hardrive and extreme 2.8 chipset. Its worth it if you are going to do video!

Posté Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 8:56 pm
dom1410 wrote :
...I have been told by everyone that has switched from PC (windows) to Mac said I'll never go back!

Truer words have never been spoken. ;)

What about all those Mac users who are switching to windows though?... yeah right, as if that happens... LOL!!! =P

dom1410 wrote :
Wow, I just stopped at my local Apple store and took a look at the 24" Imac. I think this is the one I'm going to pick up.

GREAT choice! ;)

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
If you get the 24" go with the Tera hardrive and extreme 2.8 chipset. Its worth it if you are going to do video!

Yeah, that's a nice online only upgrade, but by no means necessary if you don't want to deal with ordering a BTO (Build To Order) Mac.

The 24" iMac models that are in stock at your local Apple Store, Best Buy, or authorized Apple reseller will do just fine too, dom1410. =)

Posté Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 10:07 pm
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have the 2.8ghz imac that's 24" and it's absolutely amazing. However, it's my home computer - I don't bring it out to gig with.....guess I could....but I use my macbook pro for that. I was thinking about getting the smaller Imac to gig with - still a thought, and more portable....

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 9:02 am
Guess I didn't really think of it that way, I am planning on giging with this Imac. Is the 24" to big to carry around? Should I go with the 20" Imac which is still pretty damn impressive one you put it on the DJ Booth. Plus, it would save me $300.00 to go with the 20 versus the 24.

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 11:31 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think that you will have more than enough screen real estate with the 20" - the 24" is quite large to be carrying around and depending on where you play out - you might have issues in different booths because there's not enough space for it. I definitely think that the 24" might be overkill, even though it is impressive.

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 11:52 am
While I got you Mac guys on the line, what program will I be using to overlay texts, remixing videos and creating mashups with Mac Product. I know with windows I've used Acid and Vegas in the past. Does final cut do everything or is there other products and everthing needs to be combined?

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 3:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
final cut studio is good for mac

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 3:40 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posté Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 8:21 pm
one thing to remember about the 20" imac is that its not vesa compatible (this is what i was told on the forum anyway) like the 24" is so you can hook it to a swingarm type thing

Posté Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 2:53 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)