Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Xponent Sound Problem

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

troyb2PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Has anyone encountered static sounding output from Virtual DJ when using M-Audio's Xponent?

I have an Xponent and Virtual DJ ver5 Rev6 and am using the latest mapper v0.11 from SBDJ. The sound output from Virtual DJ has added static (popping and crackling) after previewing a song by right-clicking and selecting "preview" or by simply loading a song on the 2nd deck.

Has anyone else encountered this same problem?

It does not happen immediately but its a gamble as to when it will happen when playing a set. I originally thought it was my Xponent but have isolated the problem to Virtual DJ when using an Xponent as this does not happen when using my BCD2000 or when using the M-Audio Torq software that came with the Xponent.

This happens with both Windows XP Media Center and Home edition. I have not tried this with Windows XP Pro. Please help SBDJ, skyfxl or anyone out there...

Posté Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 12:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Howdy , what is your machine spec?

Try setting on options > performances , set auto-latency , untick safe and over clock modes.

if you still get clicking , try moving the quality slider to fastest in small increments until it stops

Must warn you XP Media Center is not ideal for djing , or multimedia use-age , due to limited hardware support and strange coding which can lead to hardware conflicts.

Posté Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 12:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If what skyfxl has posted above doesn't help, its quite possible you have "that" issue I'm afraid... there's a long running thread on the Torq forum about it - it does affect any ASIO application though, so should affect Torq as well...

Things you can try:

You can try setting the latency in the M-Audio control panel to 512.
You can try using WDM (2 Soundcard) mode in VDJ instead of ASIO (not ideal)
You can try uninstalling the XP Xponent drivers and using the Vista drivers instead.

I used to get the issue regularly, but now running @ 512 with the Vista drivers in ASIO mode works - although I started getting distortion after about 8 hours last night... flipping to WDM mode (then back to ASIO as I prefer it) resolved it...

Posté Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 2:03 pm
skyfxl

This happens with both my desktop and laptop.

My desktop is a HP Media Center 7167c:
Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz
2GB RAM
Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2

My laptop is a HP dv1680us:
Intel CPU T2400 1.83GHz
1GB RAM
Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2

I will try changing the options under performance and changing the quality slider as well. Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try and get back to you.

Posté Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 6:48 pm
skyfxl,

I tried your suggestions:

"Try setting on options > performances , set auto-latency , untick safe and over clock modes.

if you still get clicking , try moving the quality slider to fastest in small increments until it stops"

Moving the quality slider does remove the problem when it occurs but it still comes back after a random amount of time.

SBDJ,

I just read the now 14 pages in the Torq forum... I've read mixed results regarding the use of Vista drivers for the Xponent but for the most part it appears that this is the solution till M-Audio comes up with a Windows XP driver fix. At any rate I will give the Vista drivers a try and if I can get at least 8 hours of play that's a step in the right direction. My NYE gig was interrupted about 4 times last night before I gave up and switched back to my BCD2000 which ran through the night.

I will repost after the Vista installation and let you two know my results.

Thank you to both skyfxl and SBDJ for your advice and support. It is greatly appreciated!

Posté Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 11:16 pm
SBDJ,

The Vista driver installation seems to have done the trick...at least in the time I spend testing in both Torq and Virtual DJ. Of course I have to do more extensive testing on my own.

Thanks again to both skyfxl and SBDJ for the support!

Posté Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 2:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You're welcome, good luck :)

Posté Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 10:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)