Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet install diagram

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

menappiHome userMember since 2006
Where the heck is some tutorial thing to show how to install TCV to my mixer and external soundcard, showing all the cables i need and such. I can't find it for the life of me, and am trying to hook up my sound blaster audigy 2 zs plat whatever card to my desktop using virtual vinyl tcv...but i'm not really sure how and what cables i'm going to need.

Posté Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 4:15 pm

Posté Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 4:42 pm
Saw that video, and although ti does help it doesn't really tell me how to hook up my soundcard since there are rca inputs/outputs. i saw the maya44 diagram but that says to split from the turntables to the soundcard AND the mixer, instead of from the TT to soundcard to mixer.

Posté Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 1:13 am

Posté Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 2:58 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Your soundcard doesn't have 4 inputs and 4 outputs. You need that for TCV. Someone may have figured a way to do something creative with your type of s/c but standard is 4/4 soundcards. TT's go to the inputs (right/left for each TT) and outputs go to your mixer. The connectors are all RCA plugs.

Posté Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 8:17 am
Well from teh description on the creative website, it says it has 5 inputs 6 outputs.

Posté Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 1:32 pm
Why do you need 4 inputs and 4 outputs anyways i thought you only needed two of each to get tcv to work and the maya44 just had 4/4

Posté Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 1:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You require 2 stereo inputs . via Jack or 2 pairs via phono it doesn't look like your card has this.

Posté Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 4:40 pm
That's weird, i bought this card because I saw it on your list of acceptable sound cards for TCV...the front of the unit says 'line in 1, line in 2', i'm assuming two stereo inputs? but they are the larger headphone type jack, the big guys.

it it ok to run splitters from my turntables and send one set to the inputs i described and then send the other set to my mixer? will that work?

Posté Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 12:16 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I own creative audigy 2 zs platinum pro.. as one of my cards

You can't do timecodes on those as those are more to audio interface for recording purpose.

To use timecodes u need a card as of maya or herc mk2 or those that have 4 mono input (RCA), 4 mono output (RCA) (Same to described as 2 stereo input (RCA), 2 stereo output (RCA). The u46dj have 4 in/6 out.

Posté Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 1:14 pm
Maybe this place isn't the best place to get advice on this issue...

As quoted by user acw_dj---
'The Audigy 2 ZS Platinum works PERFECT with VirtualDJ 4.x, but the correct configuration is only available for professional users. You can buy and be sure that you are going to have your Audigy 2 ZS Platinum working 100% and using AUX2 and LINE2 front panel INputs for that ;-) '

as well as from manquin_dj---
'I use tcvs and audigy2 zs platinum and works flawelesly, buy vdj pro send me a pm and I will send you my configuration and my registry since is neccessary to modify it , Manquin DJ. '

Now if I could just figure out how to hook the dam.n think up to see if I like it before purchasing.

Posté Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 7:55 pm
So can someone tell me this then...when I hook up the turntables to the soundcard, do i go from

Turntables to soundcard inputs then from the soundcard outputs to the mixer?

or

Split each turntables rcas up and run one set to the soundcard inputs then run the other set to the mixer (only turntables are hooked to the mixer, not the soundcard)

When i searched i found a diagram for the maya that had the turntables hooked up this way, but the diagram for the Hercules thing had the soundcard going to the mixer, and i'm not sure what the difference is or how VDJ will process that.

Posté Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 10:52 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)