Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Why do i have to keep re-analizing tracks ????? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

It seems that every few days i have to reanalyze between 50-2,000 random tracks that were perfectly in the database the day before. There are never any strange shutdowns or any power problems before shutting down the program. I DJ 7 days a week and have to reanalyze these tracks at least 4 times a week. Sometimes the FAVORITES folders will also disappear.

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 12:43 pm
If it is an external HDD, do you have write caching enabled? If so, try disabling it and see if that helps.

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 12:58 pm
no, all internal

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 4:29 pm
any idea's???

Posté Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 1:45 am
Was the database transfered from 4.3?? Is 4.3 still on your system?? The reason I ask is I was havin the same exact issue and ever since (I know you dont wanna hear this) I deleted the database and started fresh I havent had an issue. To me I was pissed that this was a weekly occurance so I said screw it, what would it hurt?

Posté Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 3:33 am
Nope. This is a totally fresh & Clean install of VDJ5.rev6. Every track (31,000+) analyzed with this version

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:14 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same problem in Vista. Numerous clean installs. UAC turned off. I've modified the database properties to allow the file to be written too etc, and if I analyse every track, close VDJ and come back to it the last couple of hundred songs need re-anylising.

I did have a post running about this a long time ago, but I kind of gave up on it.

My drives are internal, i check, clean & fix the database to remove old entries, but nothing seems to stop it happening.

If there has been a solution found, i'd love to know about it too.

Gary.

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:15 am
the weird thing about it is that it's a bunch of random tracks!! most of them have never been played

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 4:05 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
the weird thing about it is that it's a bunch of random tracks!! most of them have never been played

Same here, but its annoying isn't it.

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 4:44 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
Nope. This is a totally fresh & Clean install of VDJ5.rev6. Every track (31,000+) analyzed with this version

Hmmm. I am out of ideas as I too had this issue and when I did a fresh analize with a new database it worked, so they should work with yours as well.

Are any of these files set as read only??

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 6:05 pm
i did do a fresh install and a total reanalyze of all the tracks. it's been doing this since the first version of vdj5

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 6:58 pm
Hey @ all...

I'm a new user of VV after 3 years traktor....

Fresh install of all, all 25000 tracks analyzed and every day there are again tracks in my Filter Folder "isscanned=0"

Not only not played, already played tracks although.

Some tracks sometimes not found by the search, i have to do the check in the options...

Thats bad...

Greetz
Avaco

Posté Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 1:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi if you make a folder with the filter is scanned = zero this means that they have never been loaded in vdj

when you play a track its scanned

so you want the filter "isscanned=0 and isscanned=1"

Posté Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 5:09 pm
Thx a lot, but no....

I'm a pro user, i know what you mean, but your description is for my "Trackcollection" Filter-Folder to show all files. And the Filter-Folder with "isscanned=0" is for the new tracks...normally...

When i have added all my tracks into the database, and have all analyzed no one is allowed to see in the "not Scanned" folder.

But some times some tracks does!

Thats what I mean!

Greetz
Avaco

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 10:53 am
This is still happening to me. Once in awhile various favorite AND Filter folders will disappear also

Posté Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 3:29 pm
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this problem? I'm still having to go into work early each night to re analize my tracks, because when i close vdj they are not all stored.

Gary

Posté Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 9:55 am
not an upgrade from version 4

Posté Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 12:58 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
not an upgrade from version 4

Sorry, not sure what you mean by that?

Posté Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 1:25 pm
Gary just analyze them then when you have them all analyzed save that database somewhere else then if some go missing put the saved database into vdj. I know it doesnt solve the issue, but at least u wont have to spend all that time reanalyzing.

I personally dont have this issue as I did in the past after a reinstall and reanalyze of all it went away. I know u guys have done the same so I am confused

Posté Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 5:14 pm
Yes, i think thats what i'll have to do for the time being.

I've just reinstalled windows and VDJ. I kept the old database and renamed it .old and I've changed the new database permissions to allow full access.

I'm going to give it one more try and reanalize it all from scratch and see how it goes.

Gary

Posté Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 7:14 pm
83%