Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet New DJ Question

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So I had a few question, my first post here was hoping for some advice. I used to DJ back in the late 90's Gemini PT-2000's and numark mixer. Anyways, I have been getting the itch to get back into the DJ scene an was wonder what would be a good set up to start back off with.

Right now I have a macbook pro and was wondering what would be good to go with it, or would just VDJ Pro be good to start me off for now?

Thanks in advance.

Posté Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 12:27 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Really depends on what you want to do. What method of control are you after?

Posté Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 12:43 am
Kind of just wanting to get back into the swing of things, never really messed with digital mixing at all. I used to spin trance and jungle, but not really into that anymore. Kind of looking at getting into dance / club scene. I'm really interested in trying out the timecoded vinyl but not right away.

Hope that helps, if not what exactly were you asking. Sorry for the newbness..

Posté Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 1:28 am
In addition I would like to keep control at my hands as much as possible, something like the Total Control or something similar.

Thanks

Posté Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 12:10 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Any budget??

I suggest get all in one solution with NVV n the total control or any new other controller that coming soon these year such as the numark sr7 or herc djc rmx.:)

Posté Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 2:05 pm
There is a budget to work with, hoping to keep it about 1k. I was looking at the total control, but it doesn't have a built in sound card. Not sure if that's good or bad, but it would mean another piece to buy yeah?

Thanks

Posté Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 3:45 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 3:52 pm
The more I think about it, I'm kind of leaning away form the timecodes. More equipment to buy for something I may or may not even be into. Thinking of just getting the software for now and messing with it a few weeks then picking up a total control. I can always add more later anyways.

Thank you all for your input.

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 2:00 am
Systematic, I'm assuming you're on Mac since you're posting in the Mac forums here, but that has not been stated by you or asked by anyone else in this thread. Either way, the following solution is going to be your best bet regardless.

Numark Virtual Vinyl, Numark Total Control, & Numark DJ I/O is all you need and is the best valued combination to get you up and running quickly with digital audio and/or visual turntablist/dj performances., will keep you right at that $1000 budget that you've set for yourself, and will give you the most flexibility in terms of control device options as well as OS preference and/or necessity.

With the purchase of Numark Virtual Vinyl, you get both timecode vinyl AND timecode cd's so you'll be able to use what ever means of control you want, turntables or decks. Plus you'll get both the Mac & windows version of Numark CUE (VirtualDJ Pro) so you'll be able to run either OS. Of course only with an Intel Mac will you be able to run both Mac & windows 100% natively on one computer.

Feel free to contact me using my info below if you need more claification, and welcome to the VirtualDJ/Virtual Vinyl Mac community systematic. Hope to see you as a licensed user with us soon!

VT ConQuest (Visual Turntablist)
- ext. 8103 at www.PSSL.com
- FRodriguez@PSSL.com

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 3:28 am
systematic wrote :
So I had a few question, my first post here was hoping for some advice. I used to DJ back in the late 90's Gemini PT-2000's and numark mixer. Anyways, I have been getting the itch to get back into the DJ scene an was wonder what would be a good set up to start back off with.

Right now I have a macbook pro and was wondering what would be good to go with it, or would just VDJ Pro be good to start me off for now?

Thanks in advance.

Quest, he does state he is using a MacBook Pro in his first posting.

Posté Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 9:19 pm
Ah, I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out Speed.

Systematic, I got your email at my PSSL address today and will respond tomorrow.

Posté Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 4:50 am
Hey ConQuest,

Never got a reply from you maybe it was blocked...

Thanks
Systematic

Posté Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 4:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)