Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Karaoke doesn't work with newest release?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Why not? cdg files are NOT being attached. Under the Codec I only see a "zip" file and not a CDG encoder. Does this mean VDJ no longer supports my 350 gigs of cdg's? Please help. I am intoxicatingly frustrated over this.

Matt

Posté Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 7:19 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cue le which you have is styill at version 4.3 which has some issues with KJ zips ,

Cue le 5 will be out very soon and does support KJ files well , but the mp3 and CDG must be zipped up together for it to work.

please note if you are using an unofical version of cue , this will cause damage to your mac os its advisable to remove it.

Posté Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 3:12 am
I work for a DJ company and he has all of the "registered" copies of VDJ -- I can't log in to the forums for help under his name. I have a DMC2 with CUE LE. I have been using one of the company copies of 5.0.7 and that is what I intend on using as I like it better than Cue. So are they going to fix this anytime soon? Does that mean I would have to go back through and zip each individual video track with each individual mp3 track in order for the most current edition of Karaoke to work? I have a gig today and Monday and I need to get this sorted soon!

Matt

Posté Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 11:41 am
Just for clarification of the problem:

I use a DMC2
I used to use VDJ 4.3
I upgraded to 5.0.7 with a registered company copy for the DJ company I work for.
My video files will not even show up in the integrated VDJ browser.

They are not zipped, they are just named exactly the same as the mp3 with a .cdg extension. I am unable to get the video playing in anyway.

Is there an easy way to go back and zip my 350 gig collection of Karaoke Cd's? I could imagine a nightmare of zipping each two files (the video and the graphic file) individually which could take weeks of labor! So that obviously isn't an option. The only option would be to install the old version that has .cdg support.

Thanks so much and sorry for the frustration and maybe lack of confidence in my products. I have just been waiting a long time for these new features as DJ'ing is my only source of income and I was soooo excited to get them working finally. My heart sank when it would not!

Matt

Posté Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 11:48 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If your videos will now show in the browser check that , you have not acidentaly hidden these types of files.

If they still will not apear , like on windows in which the configuration is saved in keys in a registry file

on mac os vdj config is saved ina file called a plist located here yourcomputer/users/youname/libary/preferences , its called com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist delete this file and then rerun VDJ , if this doesnt work do a reinstall.

if you have acess to a pc you can use this free program to zip them up in large batches unfortunately there isnt one for mac i can find.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Misc__Sound_Tools/MP3_G_to_ZIP.html

and just to show its working a user has sent in a screenshot of them using it.

Posté Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 2:04 pm
Are you sure that it works with Karaoke when the files are not zipped? So far I have done everything you mentioned and nothing is working. I am going to try and reinstall again, but I am don't think it is going to work for me. I had this same problem with the beta and I thought it was just a beta bug... This is a huge bummer. I saw another post of someone having this issue, are you sure that it's supposed to read them even when they are unzipped? If they don't then it's nearly a downgrade. My external is set up for Mac so I would have to dump them to another hard drive and then run the windows program. Also, it works just fine on the Windows Edition so again, the Mac is getting the fuzzy side of the lollypop.

Matt

Posté Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 4:54 pm
Still nothing. I guess I will have to zip them in order to get what I want, but I'm not happy about it. The old version as well as the PC version do not have this problem. This sucks.

Posté Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 5:03 pm
Last post here, but I must say there are some great improvements. I think having them zipped (bright side) will save me some hard drive space. Just a pain getting there. Thanks for all your help Sky.

Matt

Posté Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 5:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)