Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ version 5 Vs. CUE version 5???

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey there folks,

After much piddling around and being indecisive regarding purchase of a DJ MIDI controller, I've decided to purchase a Numark Total Control, simply because I want something that is automatically mapped for me because I am lazy, the price is reasonable, and the software is VDJ/CUE.

I contacted Numark tech support regarding upgrade of CUE LE (included with the Total Control) and they indicated there is no path to do so, that it is necessary to purchase the full version of CUE v5 for $299. They were kind enough to point out that their "DJ in a box" solution offers CUE v5, headphones, DJi/o soundcard, and the Total Control for about $499.

My issue is that I already have really nice DJ headphones, a great firewire soundcard, and a nice new laptop, so all I really need is the software and the Total Control.

My question is this. I know that the Total Control is fully supported in CUE v5, is it as fully supported in VDJ5? If so, it seems more simple for me to just buy VDJ v5 and a Total Control.

Does VDJ v5 do stuff the CUE v5 does not do? Is VDJ v5 more of an "open architecture" product, especially with regard to external MIDI controllers?

In the future I'd like to get the Numark NSM7 controller/soundcard which I assume will be supported by CUE as well, but that is in the future, and I need stuff to work now.

:)

Thanks for any info you can offer to clarify my purchase decision.

Regards,

-DJ Alex

Posté Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 2:01 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cue and VDJ is the same program just a different skin Numark Cue is the Boxed distributed version VDJ is a download product.

All of the features and benefits are the same ie free updates , skins , plug ins and access to support from this website.

Both Numark Cue and VDJ have full support for all controllers via general midi with a large selection natively supported also.

However you also get with the total control + cue , phone support from Numark.

Cue le included with the TC is a free gift to get you going with the console you are paying for the hardware not the software so there is no upgrade offer.

The Ns7 will be supported by cue when it is released and will be a high quality all in one solution.

Posté Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 2:58 pm
Hey Skyfxl,

Thanks for that extremely comprehensive answer. It looks like I am going to buy Numark Cue then. For the money, I may as well get the DJi/O and the headphones for free as it is basically the same price as VDJ5 + a Total Control.

Looking forward to checking these out, thanks for your help.

Cheers,

-DJ Alex

Posté Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 6:07 am
Here goes... I have been a house DJ since 1997. Ive always used the industry standards: Tech 1200 mk2's, the Pioneer 500 mixer, and now the 600, and various cd decks (Tech SLDZ 1200, Pioneer 500, 200, 800, and Denons to name a few). Ive expanded my talents into the wedding industry, and I find it to be fulfilling and challenging, plus it pays alot more than clubs and raves do. Im tired of dragging my system (cd decks and mixer) out to every wedding. So I decided to reduce the size of my payload by getting a laptop. I admit Ive been using a cracked copy of Virtual DJ and I love it. But I just got the ION - ICUE mixer, which comes with CUE LE (Limited Edition). Limited edition is right! This software is weak. Im so disappointed. It doesnt have any of the things that make VDJ great. And since the ICUE is a new piece of hardware, VDJ doesnt recognize it. So my question is: If I purchase VDJ 5.0, will it recognize my ICUE? AND CAN I buy it at a discount since its really just an upgrade from CUE LE?

Posté Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 12:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there there is no discount from LE at this time , it is Preprogramed in the Latest Version of VDJ pro 5.07.

Limited edition is a gift with the console to get you going you paid for the hardware not the software as such.

Posté Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 1:27 pm
right on... thanks for responding so quickly!
Im going to use the trial version of VDJ v5 for my next gig, assuming it will recognize the ICUE. If it has all the bells and whistles like: local file database, playlist function, and the effects then I'll try to get the owner of my DJ company to buy a copy for everybody! wish me luck!

Posté Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 1:44 pm
hello,
i bought the numark virtual vinyls and i tried to them with my VDJ 5 but they don't seem to work properly. the right deck seems to control it but the scratch is very bad with the left deck does nothing. i am using a BCD 2000 asio soundcard.
Can anybody tell me what might be the problem or do i have to necessarly but the VDJ timecode vinyl?

thanks

Posté Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 5:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)